Vague on details but fits with my contract renewal date. If its anywhere near as good as the n900 we could have a winner for my new phone.

http://www.knowyourmobile.com/blog/6...n_q3_2011.html

Last edited by cferrism; 2010-12-15 at 10:25.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
But the news say tablet, not phone.

as long as it is not in fact a table as I originally stated in the title of my post....that would be hard to fit in the pocket and would be a complete change of strategy from Nokia. Edited to reflect the more likely device.

The Following User Says Thank You to cferrism For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I'm guessin' that we will see both from Nokia, mobile computer and a iPad-like tablet, both MeeGo inside.

Originally Posted by cferrism View Post
as long as it is not in fact a table as I originally stated in the title of my post....that would be hard to fit in the pocket and would be a complete change of strategy from Nokia. Edited to reflect the more likely device.
How it would be complete change of strategy to Nokia?

I mean they even make netbook and have been making tablets for years. It's just matter of time before we will see MeeGo tablet from Nokia, not if they will make one imo.

the very mention of Q3 makes mee loose interest . Too much wait :P

Linux Based Devices : Motorokr e6 | Nokia N900

Originally Posted by sdesai View Post
the very mention of Q3 makes mee loose interest . Too much wait :P
I would hope we would see Nokia's MeeGo tablet announced in a same time as N9.

But meh this is some random website that i have not ever heard. There have been lots of MeeGo tablet rumours and so far we really don't know anything. At earliest i would imagine to see Nokia tablet Q2 next year in the shops and at most.... who knows.

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
How it would be complete change of strategy to Nokia?

I mean they even make netbook and have been making tablets for years. It's just matter of time before we will see MeeGo tablet from Nokia, not if they will make one imo.
His point was that he originally put the title of this thread to table, which definately would be too big to fit in a pocket and also a complete strategy change

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
all I'm adding is at the Dublin MeeGo Conference it was said People will have products in hand by SF Conference whether that Means Nokia Products or others is another question, but i believe Nokia Handset MeeGo is way ahead in development compared to anyone else using MeeGo

I really don't like MeeGo for now, it does not look very usable, the multitasking is look slow having to scroll between apps instead of having all the windows in miniature like the N900. Imagine having 20 apps opened and having to scroll from the last back to the first.