Active Topics

the n900 is a great device for what it can do but these days there are far more better apps on other phones than on the n900. nokia promise too much **** then don't stick to it. where this new ovi store then? why release a new software update that has so many problems?

nokia aren't pushing the limits, they spending too much time making pointless phones like that new c series instead of putting time and effort on devices like the n900, n97 on phones that have potentional

I'm sorry, you've dialed the wrong number. There is no one named Nokia at this number. Please check the number, and dial again.

(do we really need 10 random rant threads a day here? Mods? Can we start cleaning this crap out?)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to schettj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 140 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Earth
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
(do we really need 10 random rant threads a day here? Mods? Can we start cleaning this crap out?)

AGREED

N900 - Use, Master, Appreciate.

Posts: 352 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Vancouver
I am also disillusioned with my n900 not because of the hardware or the apps, but because it has the wrest search capabilities of any computer I've used and a very week PIM that nokia don't seem to care about.

but a big complaint seems to be the available applications and i don't get it?

There are maybe 5 applications I must have and 20 I love, and and about 4 that only run on the n900. (I do cheat and install extras and other Linux apps) So to me the other 35,000 missing applications are just noise.

seriously what apps. are missing (can you not live without)?

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Yorkshire, UK
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
I'm sorry, you've dialed the wrong number. There is no one named Nokia at this number. Please check the number, and dial again.

(Do we really need 10 random rant threads a day here? Mods? Can we start cleaning this crap out?)
As long as we can also filter out the "N900 is great" and "Nokia are the best ever" people, without some founding evidence to the point they are making. Also preferably if you filter out people having their gripe on the only avenue available, filter out fanboi's.

This forum isn't a 'love in' for the N900, there isn't a T&C declaring "thou shalt have a special kind of love for your device." (Well I didn't see it) And too much of that means Nokia might think they are doing things right, so we need to keep the truth coming out.

Only fair we are even in the way things are applied.

Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
YAWN...
Nokia says that now that they're very happy that YOU finally opened this thread - NOW they can start "waking up", because they just waited for you to tell them.

Thanks!!!

Originally Posted by maemo900 View Post
why release a new software update that has so many problems?
well most problems are arising due to the fact that many apps arent from nokia/ are not official. so the problem isnt the update, its the fact that nokia doesnt creat enough official apps.

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ England
rabble rabble