Notices

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ New York, NY
Originally Posted by jassu4u View Post
do these support portrait mode???
I'm not sure about the others, but the build in one doesn't.

Hey is there any way to get custom zoom on this I would like to change zoom to somewhere between 125 - 150 percent. Is there any config file I can play around with. For me 135 percent or so seems to be a sweet spot in my pdf docs.

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ New York, NY
Not that I know, the built in reader is very limited and a bit glitchy if you manage to get it to rotate.

evince running on Easy Debian does the job for me whenever I need to do something the default PDF reader can't.

all I wanted was a stable pdf reader that remembered what page I last viewed for each individual ebook

All I want in a pdf reader is custom zoom

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
Thread moved to Applications.
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

The Following User Says Thank You to xomm For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 388 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Mar 2010
+1 for custom zoom levels. I need a zoom level in between 300 and 400% so that I can fit my pdf document perfectly on the N900 screen.

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 462 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ USA
The default pdf reader has much more legible rendering of text at smaller magnifications than Evince does.

However, the default pdf reader doesn't rotate, making it often less useful. So it's often a matter of picking the reader you can make do best.

If the default pdf reader had rotation & full portrait mode compatibility, it would probably be the one I'd use all the time.

Custom zoom please