Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
nokia 3310 is old too but i still see people use it. Legend don't die!

After i buy my new phone in few year obviously not nokia as it's dead to me, i will frame my N9
The 3310 was built to last. With the N9 you can't even change the battery. After two years of usage it has maybe 60% of the original capacity.

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 531 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ The Netherlands
Thanks to the Maemo/MeeGo team. The N900 was a great experience, not per se for those who need to be pampered. And what a great phone the N9 is, intuitive, elegant, well designed. You'll probably find another project to bring us beautiful things.

The Following User Says Thank You to rob_kouw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 314 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Bratislava, Slovakia
knock it off, man...
you're still unable to get sexier phone than N9 for the money...
Lumia 800? that's what I call an axed phone...software unfinished even more than N9, doomed to disappear once WP8 hits the road...that's what I call money "well spent"
N9 has a few bugs...so does Galaxy S3 and iPhone 5 will do...and **** the apps and ecosystem...it's uniqueness what we're all praising here

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jleholeho For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jleholeho View Post
knock it off, man...
Lumia 800? that's what I call an axed phone...software unfinished even more than N9, doomed to disappear once WP8 hits the road...that's what I call money "well spent"
N9 has a few bugs...so does Galaxy S3 and iPhone 5 will do...and **** the apps and ecosystem...it's uniqueness what we're all praising here
Actually the Lumia is still gonna get an update that puts it on feature parity with WP8, it just won't get WP8 itself as WP8 has a completely different code base structure!

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Posts: 151 | Thanked: 178 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by vitaly_repin View Post
Was helping N900 users in "MfE users, blame me here, pls" thread if somebody remebers that nice days.
You're also due thanks - it was a a valuable thing (and brave too) for you to step into the pool with us sharks and ask how you could help.

There may have been a few not "nice days" during that experience
but it was valuable to for the community.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kjmackey For This Useful Post:

I'm still not over it

Still going to miss Sotris and team

Hate Nokia now i don't know what more i can expect from Nokia now after loosing such a great platform for their best phone

Why Nokia why would you do that?????????

But

I'm atleast happy to have world best phone with me N9 none other phone can compete with it not even new WP 7 or 8 and all credits once again go to All team members of Meego and Maemo
like 3310,6600,5610, 6630, N-Gage QD which i've still left in my collection i'm going to keep N9 too for rest of my life.

Originally Posted by jleholeho View Post
knock it off, man...
knock it off... that's not a nice thing to say. I have had the N9 for 9 months already, it's old, time to retire it. When it finally hit the shelves, it was one year later than planned/expected. The real age is more like 2 years, technology-vise.

Yes, the Lumia 800 is also axed, more or less. But more less than more. It will receive many more updates. Nokia comes with updated apps every week on average + new ones every now and then. Yes, the basic OS sucks, but the UI makes the usage effortless. It's just there when needed, all nice and easy, and is hidden when not in use. It's a relaxing experience in a strange way.

I'm still on the fence getting a 808 or not. Knowing a Pureview with WP8 coming this fall, the reason for getting a 808 will be more of a sentimental one than one based on thirst for a cool gadget, cool technology. The 808 is also an EOL product, and right now I'm fed up with EOL products. I want something that is being updated on a regular bases. So far the L800 is doing fine even if it is a (semi) EOL product. It's cool watching it becoming more capable for each day.

I wish the same had happened for the N9. I don't see it happening. Pr1.3, what was that all about? nothing, just more bugs and incompatibilities that never will be fixed. Some dirty hacks here and there by the community, it just doesn't do it. The N900 was (and is) a totally different beast in that respect. Running Maemo, MeeGo (proper) and Nitdroid.

And now I read rumours that the Nexus 7 is US/UK/AUS exclusively for an unknown but rather long time, a year or more. **** **** ****. What the hell is Google thinking about? The Surface will be here long before that.

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
LOL if you tried to sue them they will give you a lumia for free to avoid be sued...
how i grew up, when you sue someone n won you get awarded not punished .

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
believe me specc is lumiaman victim's, forgive him and move on,
:run

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Meego team lost the battle. Only here do we celebrate losers.
If that's the case then: bring out the beer. Fetch the dancing girls. I present to you; lumiiamaaaaaaaaaaan. Let's celebrate

The Following User Says Thank You to specc For This Useful Post:

Tags
specc is the, troll ericsson