Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Anyone from Romania using Vodafone (Connex) tried to use GPRS/3G data link on N900? Please post your success or failure and maybe settings? I'm getting desperate here.

Fine print:
I have posted before, thinking this is a device limitation so the thread wasn't very descriptive, I thought I'd try my luck, sorry for the double.

Also, I searched the forums, the provider help files, Google and whatever else I could find. The provider help is limited, I tried alternative settings, nothing.

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Romania, Bucharest
sal,
voda is working just fine; on the other hand it really depends on what type of AP are using. You never mentioned what's the problem with your connection...

Tried to modify the already-present GPRS connection.

Tried this: http://setari-telefoane.vodafone.ro/...rvice=postpaid

Copied AP name, user and pass, and I get a "Internet connection failed. Try again?".

Out of ideas.

Oh, and, I have a friend with N900 and a Vodafone plan and same story, no go.

What are your settings? (Name, user, pass)

Last edited by ndi; 2009-12-21 at 01:28.

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Romania, Bucharest
mobile internet, internet, internet. be sure it's mobile internet connection you have, not wap

The Following User Says Thank You to onutz For This Useful Post:
no probs with my mobile internet gprs vodafone .ro connection either. working happily and sucking out battery

The Following User Says Thank You to adancau For This Useful Post:
"mobile internet, internet, internet"

Not working. Connection failed, do I want to try again.

I don't have wap, I have internet, my old N80 used to log on to GMail via SSH, I could ftp home. Not WAP.

Case sensitive?

<attached setting window>
Attached Images

Oh, wait, I set the phone to force 2G instead of dual (odd, mt N80 did this just fine), and it connects with the settings above, I even get an IP (172.23.137.72), but nothing flows through.

All connections time out, no DNS happens, ping google.ro and ping vodafone.ro hang, no DNS.

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bucharest, Romania
Well, my Mobile Internet showed up automatically when I inserted the Vodafone SIM. Considering that you're having a dataplan active, try the following settings. Also, the settings that are available on the Vodafone page in the link above are for Vodafone LIVE! not for Mobile Internet. What kind of dataplan do you have?

Access point name: internet.vodafone.ro
User name: internet.vodafone.ro
password: vodafone (If I remember correctly)

At the first screen, set Connection name as you wish, it says Mobile Internet for me.

In the advanced settings tab, just check Retrieve IP automatically and DNS automatically.

It should work for Mobile Internet package subscriptions. If you have that 4 EUR Vodafone Live the settings are different. let me know.

EDIT: here are the settings for MOBILE INTERNET:

http://setari-telefoane.vodafone.ro/...rvice=postpaid

and here are the settings for Vodafone LIVE! (Vodafone Internet mobil)
http://setari-telefoane.vodafone.ro/...rvice=postpaid

all you need to set with your N900 are the access point name, username and password:

MOBILE INTERNET:

access point name: internet.vodafone.ro
username: internet.vodafone.ro
pass: vodafone

Voda LIVE:

access point name: live.vodafone.com
username: live

the rest should be DHCP. Hope it helps.

Last edited by Jidi; 2009-12-21 at 18:06.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jidi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Jidi View Post
What kind of dataplan do you have?
I thought I knew, Mobile internet, as in, full internet, for tethering. Now I'm confused.

a) It connected with "mobile internet, internet, internet". I actually have an IP address, 172.23.135.26, P-t-P 172.23.135.26. Except ping only works on 172.23.135.26, even 172.23.135.1 is unresponsive (I assumed here). Sent packets is 2000, Received is 0.

They are not talking to me. Changed password, to test, got the finger. I'm thinking no access, but why? Wrong dataplan?

b)
access point name: internet.vodafone.ro
username: internet.vodafone.ro
The finger in less than a second.

c)
access point name: live.vodafone.com
username: live
Finger, second.

I appreciate all your help in this regard, but the settings with "mobile internet" are the only settings that work to ANY extent, live, internet and wap all kick me out.

My old phone has "mobile internet" defined, so it must have worked at some point before. I also have both live and wap defined, further increasing my lack of understanding.

If I don't have WAP access, WAP accound kicks me out, right? So I must have mobile internet access, since those work. But why no flow? And since it seems a PTP, there's no DNS server or similar settings to have, the other point does it all.

I'll call Vodafone tomorrow and ask around, find out what dataplan I have and if it works as advertised. I'll try other SIM cards if I get any, but I'm not the only one who had GPRS working before switching to N900 and now it's dead. Can't be that simple.

Try
internet.connex.ro
internet
connex

The Following User Says Thank You to bogy For This Useful Post: