Active Topics

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Antony, France
Hi everyone,

I flashed my N900 today because a colleague of mine accidentally taped "lock terminal" and the code isn't the original one (the one who put it there was drunk at the time and doesn't remember it, not me, my ex). Funny story...

In short, now that I have reinstalled the latest version maemo 5 20.2010.36-2, I had in mind to put back the CSSU, but my phone keeps saying to usb link the device to my PC with nokia PC suit to continue the installation, which I don't understand...

Can you help me, please ?

Last edited by Mikha; 2011-10-04 at 19:10. Reason: wrong choice of words

After a long search and many tries, I went through something with X-terminal, but when I type
Code:
apt-get install mp-fremantle-community-pr
the following message appears :
Code:
The following packages have unmet dependecies:
  mp-fremantle-community-pr: Depends: gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad-extra (>= 0.10.14-git266-0maemo10+0cssu6) but is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages
Is there something I can do ?

Posts: 202 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ France 55
Did you enable all repos in hildon application manager ?

Originally Posted by turbovomit View Post
Did you enable all repos in hildon application manager ?
Yes I did.

And just to confirm, you've followed the steps in the Wiki?

My experience was that HAM is required to install the enabler then FAM can be used to install the settings tools.

What other repositories do you have enabled?

The Following User Says Thank You to demolition For This Useful Post:
Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by Mikha View Post
Hi everyone,

I flashed my N900 today because a colleague of mine accidentally taped "lock terminal" and the code isn't the original one (the one who put it there was drunk at the time and doesn't remember it, not me, my ex). Funny story...

In short, now that I have reinstalled the latest version maemo 5 20.2010.36-2, I had in mind to put back the CSSU, but my phone keeps saying to usb link the device to my PC with nokia PC suit to continue the installation, which I don't understand...

Can you help me, please ?
Next time: if you still have SSH access (including root) to the device, it's possible to just use John the Ripper to find out your lock code. Might be less work than reflashing, especially as re-flashing won't clear your lock code afaik.

Of course, this is information which would have been more useful to you earlier today... but I'm guessing you still don't know your lock code, so it's still valuable.

The Following User Says Thank You to shallimus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 551 | Thanked: 507 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North West England
Or search the forums, I had the same problem here

The Following User Says Thank You to JohnLF For This Useful Post:
Ok, I've flashed it, but I'd got problems with "conversations", I couldn't see incoming messages at all. So I flashed it again, and same problem...
JohnLF : I don't understand what I need to do, I'm not an advanced user... can you help me with a path to follow ?

(and I just used the link you provided Shallimus : code restored to 12345, thanks)

Ok, I just went in the settings menu, and choose to put my sweet N900 out of its misery and "push" / really just tapped back to factory settings and erase everything the user installed or registered... and there it goes.
Installation is on going, it just restarted with the CSSU installed.
Crossing my fingers and my penguin's too.
Everything's perfect
I just need to put my backups in place (nothing but conversations and calendar and a very small list of apps).
Thanks for the help, to all four of you !

Last edited by Mikha; 2011-10-05 at 19:24. Reason: missed one helper