Active Topics

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Finland
Survey done! Why the backplate has no straight edges ? Prototype has: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...for-your-jolla

Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by Metsämies View Post
Survey done! Why the backplate has no straight edges ? Prototype has: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...for-your-jolla
Update 3

The backplate will have a very slightly different shape, because the bottom piece is reshaped, to remove the need for screws

Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
How does/would the signature backplate look like ? I've selected just Kello for now, but I might be inclined to switch to the signature Kello if it looks nice (and if it is still possible ).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
How does/would the signature backplate look like ? I've selected just Kello for now, but I might be inclined to switch to the signature Kello if it looks nice (and if it is still possible ).
It should look exactly as the regular only with laser engraved signatures by the tohkbd team (dirk, kimmo and andrew).

From the 7th update:
Can I change my address or preferences after?
Yes. You can change your address via Kickstarter. If you want to change something else because, mail this to info@funkyotherhalf.com. Please only use this for changing important things (e.g. you picked the wrong layout) and not for changing the colours to the latest fashion. Changing preferences will be possible up to the point the part in question is ordered.

Originally Posted by Waitee View Post
It should look exactly as the regular only with laser engraved signatures by the tohkbd team (dirk, kimmo and andrew).

From the 7th update:
Can I change my address or preferences after?
Yes. You can change your address via Kickstarter. If you want to change something else because, mail this to info@funkyotherhalf.com. Please only use this for changing important things (e.g. you picked the wrong layout) and not for changing the colours to the latest fashion. Changing preferences will be possible up to the point the part in question is ordered.
i love it when people actually read the updates <3

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Still no tohkbd2 in my mailbox this morning. Me mad.

()

Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
Still no tohkbd2 in my mailbox this morning. Me mad.
You are not alone.

Originally Posted by evadim View Post
You are not alone.
Like this?

Originally Posted by robnas View Post
Like this?
okay okay, you guys seem to need an update...

- first large batch of toh-cover pcbs are being produced
- solder stencil is stuck at chinese customs
- 1kg of solder past is in
- pick&place is ready to go

moving into new workshop january to do production there

coupons will be sent shortly

deadline for survey monday 1PM GMT, then the product will also be removed from funkyoh store

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
i mentioned here already i will probably be going for through-hole fat pogo-pins instead of emi fingers? cleaner look, more durable.
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/hrul5zbp39d...2019.32.04.jpg
these will be on next test pcb for keyboard piece.
As long as we don't have a repeat of the Jolla battery pins scenario where the surface area in contact with the battery pin was too small to be reliable (which caused the phone to crash at inopportune moments).

Perhaps using 'flat head' pogo pins with rounded corners is preferable (has a more reliable contact) to 'pointed head' pogo pins?

Personally I would have preferred a standard polished backplate instead of any of the wood/vinyl backplates offered, but I know it's too late for that, and I understand we can't have all the options we want otherwise the scope would be too large and the project never-ending.

Last edited by caa; 2014-12-12 at 20:10.

Tags
keyboard, kickstarter, other half, tohkbd