Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Yoybuy twittered a link with Jolla Tablet this morning and found first by napaDokc.

I asked them via email for an explanation and got this answer:
Perplexing. I tried to buy twice without success. Since I ended up paying $15 in fees, I have to wonder if they are not milking it. Perhaps too many "scams" in my head.

Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by lancewex View Post
Perplexing. I tried to buy twice without success. Since I ended up paying $15 in fees, I have to wonder if they are not milking it. Perhaps too many "scams" in my head.
yoybuy was working quite hard for my 15$.
9 purchase attempts from 5 agents, 12 Chat messages and 6 Emails.

Last remaining scam propability is from taobao seller side just pretending to be sold off, hoping to make big bucks with what they are resting theyr balls on.

And, if you want to go the prometheus route, paypal surely fully refunds if you show the timing of the twitter advertisement and your purchase attempts in a dispute
But on the other hand:

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Why do you trust science?
Because...
Science doesn't make moral judgments
Science doesn't make aesthetic judgments
Science doesn't tell you how to use scientific knowledge
Science doesn't draw conclusions about supernatural explanations

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2016-03-12 at 08:45.

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Science can also admit when it was wrong.

I think I might buy another Lastu tablet case today. They're available in many different variations than the original Jolla one.

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Because...
Science doesn't make moral judgments
Science doesn't make aesthetic judgments
Science doesn't tell you how to use scientific knowledge
Science doesn't draw conclusions about supernatural explanations
Pretty much agree with what folks are saying. Clearly, there is a problem when you throw humans in the mix!
It does worry me that, for some, science can become a religion and turn into dogma. Science is a human construct. It is carried out and interpreted by humans and as a consequence should never be trusted. Fortunately, by design, all scientific results can and should be repeatably tested and verified. At some point you develop a certain level of confidence in a result and run with what you got. Of course that does not make the scientific based result exempt from further testing and verification. As process it is probably the best we can do to attempt to understand the world around us and it is self correcting. I might add that it is quite possible, if not likely, we cannot understand the world in a most fundamental way, but that should not stop humanity from trying.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by elastic View Post
-sorry off topic-
@Dave999 are you writing for German news now? VW: The second scam
If not you should ask them for license fees ;-)
Any bets on whether I get my VW "I'm very sorry" rebate or my tablet refund first?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
Any bets on whether I get my VW "I'm very sorry" rebate or my tablet refund first?
Now this is poll-worthy.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Just logged in here after years since i had to do my medical degree stuff.Seen jolla a few days back,quite impressed the way sailfish works.If updates come along readily and there is no chance that it turns out to be like maemo etc..I am definitely gonna buy and try jolla as soon as there comes a swift version of sailfish and equally good hardware.
Currently using N900 as main phone and nexus 7 as my main tablet.I actually am considering to change my tablet,i hope jolla comes harder this year and with better sailfish eg without lags and hiccups.
cherios !

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by formanitex View Post
Just logged in here after years since i had to do my medical degree stuff.Seen jolla a few days back,quite impressed the way sailfish works.If updates come along readily and there is no chance that it turns out to be like maemo etc..I am definitely gonna buy and try jolla as soon as there comes a swift version of sailfish and equally good hardware.
Currently using N900 as main phone and nexus 7 as my main tablet.I actually am considering to change my tablet,i hope jolla comes harder this year and with better sailfish eg without lags and hiccups.
cherios !
Welcome. Hope your medical degree is a done deal!

No updates nor hardware comes along atm.

Jolla is in Scam-mode right now. Nothing comes out of jolla, except some words that never happens in reality.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
I just got a 'shipping confirmation' with the tracking code of my Jolla Tablet, which already arrived silently on 29th February. The shop order status also got updated to 'shipped' now.

So it seems that Jolla is progressing with the orders.

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund