Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 391 | Thanked: 908 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ suncity
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
Never noticed that option. But for me it says no connection to server. So probably need to do all that magic yoy have done to the system before it will work.
Hmm... there is no magic I'm on CSSU Testing; I have openmediaplayer installed and set to default (replacing stock media player).

Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by biketool View Post
Is there an easy way to hunt down the version of libqt4?
find / -name libqt4* | more has associated libqt4 files but the big one I dont find easily(I have also been awake for 36hrs).
Thanks for trying. The package libqt4 is devided in several packages. The important package for ssl is libqt4-network and with:

Code:
dpkg -s libqt4-network
you will get the installed version.

community-devel: libqt4-network_4.7.4~git20110505+cssu15_armel.deb

For community-testing there is a updated libqt4-network which has a redirection fix. This one should work with packages from extras. But when you want to try out my recompiled packages you need to have newer openssl and the libqt4-* packages from community-devel. But this is not a guarantor that it will work. It could be that the login process has changed or maybe the api from youtube.

The openmediaplayer has no login process thats maybe why it is working, or it does not use ssl.

Posts: 391 | Thanked: 908 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ suncity
Ohh.... yeah, the openssl and other stuff - that could be a trick for me as I use the ones Halftux mentioned... (the updated one)

The Following User Says Thank You to justmemory For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,700 | Thanked: 4,751 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
I installed open media player and cutetube did not anymore show any videos on search and could not even browse internet with opera before uninstalled it. Weird.

Didn't manage to do anything..When you don't know or understand anything but still try.

I could give my knowledge to the use of this community: ask me to follow up instructions and I show you how they can be understood and followed by a newbie. No understanding of dependencies, how to update packages or anything. Maybe it is better for me to stick on downloading stuff from youtube and not to try to watch them straight.
Attached Images

Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
Didn't manage to do anything..When you don't know or understand anything but still try.
So the version number of the package tells you that you are on cssu-testing. From the version you can't tell if you have the patched version because they have same version numbers. So now you need to install the patched network package from jonwil and you need to make sure to used the updated openssl package from nieldk.

Dropbox links:

patched libqt4-network [1]
openssl 1.0.1g [2]

[1] https://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?...2&postcount=10
[2] http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...26&postcount=1

edit:
Maybe you need/should also install updated maemosec-certman-common-ca and dependencies from cssu-devel.
Have you installed those packages?

Last edited by Halftux; 2019-01-05 at 14:58.

Could not update libqt4 cause it says something about contradictions. Could not download ssl from dropbox with N900.

But thanks for helping and for links! Reeaally appreciate.

Tags
youtube