Notices

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on May 2013 @ Italy
--- 4 Pics 1 Word ---

Hello everyone my name is Stefano, I'm Italian and I do not speak English very well: D

I do not think that i do pay the application and i don't think that i put it on the store, but if you want you can make a donation:

Description:
However, talking about the game, after seeing the game called "4 pics 1 word" on android, I asked myself: "Why not create for Nokia N9?".

So a week ago, I started to create this game for Meego Harmattan.
I have to say I'm already a good point, although there are still things to do.
I do not have much time to create this game, because I have to study for school..

*NEWS*
Parts already created:
- All keys (keyboard, back, play, aid);
- Coins and points;
- Aid which adds a random letter;
- Images (you can not see the images because I have not added yet, but I've already created the code);
- Selection of images and corresponding word randomly;
- Italian Language inserted;
Aid that eliminates the unnecessary letters;
Zoom of the 4 pictures;
* Audio of the application;* (Have a bug, if audio is enabled the application quits unexpectedly, if it is disabled the application works correctly)
Does anyone know how to help me? for audio use Qt GameEnabler
Additional Information;
* Connect to Facebook to share the image and get help;*
* Savegame*

Video:
http://youtu.be/4vOZFH3bS2A

Screenshot:

For more screenshots watch Attached Images
Attached Images

Last edited by SteeBono; 2013-07-16 at 22:24.

The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to SteeBono For This Useful Post:
Posts: 46 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ London / Porto
Nice work Stefano!! Count me in for Portuguese translation!

The Following User Says Thank You to H1777 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 13 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on May 2013 @ Italy
Originally Posted by H1777 View Post
Nice work Stefano!! Count me in for Portuguese translation!
thank you H1777, I'll let you know
However sorry but the video don't see because is being processed

The Following User Says Thank You to SteeBono For This Useful Post:
I'll check later

Posts: 418 | Thanked: 506 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Argentina
Spanish translation here at your service

The Following User Says Thank You to flotron For This Useful Post:
Is translation going to be so easy? I'm just guessing what is the idea behind this game, but I assume: 4 pictures give hints as to the word being guessed. Wouldn't homonymity come into play quite often? Also different meanings. That would render all (most?) translations moot (lets say in english version you have: a kitten, heels, lipstick, calendar/clock; word guessed: cougar, do italian/french/spanish.. use that word for what it is in english?) Good luck though

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Is translation going to be so easy? I'm just guessing what is the idea behind this game, but I assume: 4 pictures give hints as to the word being guessed. Wouldn't homonymity come into play quite often? Also different meanings. That would render all (most?) translations moot (lets say in english version you have: a kitten, heels, lipstick, calendar/clock; word guessed: cougar, do italian/french/spanish.. use that word for what it is in english?) Good luck though
what i'm guessing is that the word will be different in every language...no? instead of translation is more like 'porting' game into different languages....dunno

Originally Posted by H1777 View Post
what i'm guessing is that the word will be different in every language...no? instead of translation is more like 'porting' game into different languages....dunno
In some languages 'cougar' might be more like falcon or other bird of prey (just guessing). Still, I bet a lot of hints are based on similar sounds/transcription (homonyms/homographs/homophones), like pictures of a tree trunk, dog, percussion and barque, with the word guessed: bark.

EDIT: not only this is untranslatable into portuguese, if you exchange tree trunk with a bonnet, even UK <-> US version might cause problems

Last edited by szopin; 2013-05-22 at 22:24.

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
In some languages 'cougar' might be more like falcon or other bird of prey (just guessing). Still, I bet a lot of hints are based on similar sounds/transcription (homonyms/homographs/homophones), like pictures of a tree trunk, dog, percussion and barque, with the word guessed: bark.

EDIT: not only this is untranslatable into portuguese, if you exchange tree trunk with a bonnet, even UK <-> US version might cause problems
Yes, thats why I said it's more about 'porting' (lack of better word)....probably involving image changes as well, whatever it takes to make sense in another language.
So...a lot of work

Posts: 335 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Trento, Italy
Where is the download link?

The Following User Says Thank You to Lucazz990 For This Useful Post: