Poll: Is it viable to have a app store that can accept or flag paid contents ?
Poll Options
Is it viable to have a app store that can accept or flag paid contents ?

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
after all not every app/content can be given away by devlopers for free or not every app can be open
so what can be done on the current situation As Nokia virtually kicked the app store by not accepting new uploads for maemo meego symbian s40 what options or possible solutions do devlopers / users have for monetizing their apps on said platforms combined ?
----------------------------
So is it possible to build a community app store or using existing ones as backends or modyfing them like the downloads section on maemo to have a paid content category or way to flag content is paid or non free ?
a central account by hifo might be used to handle transactions or the devloper could provide paypal bitcoin x y z link on the page etc ?

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
App store? Who needs an app store? In the world outside of the Cell Phone realm, app stores are still a rarity; many companies and individuals still sell their software from their own sites.

I do admit, though, that it is convenient to let someone else handle the server management.

BTW, an example of a fine commercial N900 product (still available so far as I know): the Joikuspot WiFi Hotspot app. I purchased a copy from them last year: went to their website, paid using their checkout system, connected up to their repository, and downloaded their app. A 100% app-store-free transaction...

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
non-free repository and a product key?

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post: