Posts: 253 | Thanked: 1,007 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Near Munich
So I have flashed my Droid 4 with the following steps:
Rooted Android
Installed the latest Safestrap Recovery
Selected Safe slot
Flashed cm11->Sailfish 2.1.3.7 failed
Wiped
Flashed cm11->Sailfish 2.1.0.11->Sailfish 2.1.3.7 worked

I can confirm moodroids problem: The hotspot does not work.
I also checked everything mentioned in the first post. I can confirm most of it, except Video recording: It actually works

I see this mentioned in the thread, but maybe the post should be updated.

Bluetooth does pair, but does not work otherwise.

Wifi worked after the first reboot

Pin is curious: At first boot I entered it "Wrong Pin",
entered it again "Wrong Pin", pressed cancel and saw that the pin actually worked.
After the third boot it now still displays "Wrong Pin" but closes the pin requester a second later by itself.

And finally I have the 100% battery problem. Its horrible. I have made many reboots and its still stuck at 100%, having the phone shut of at "random" times is very bad. Also it seems like the phone doesn't charge in that state, or does it? I don't know.

Finally: Sailfish is awesome! So much more fluid than the stock rom! I love it.

Last edited by Macros; 2018-07-26 at 21:22.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Macros For This Useful Post:
Posts: 253 | Thanked: 1,007 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Near Munich
Further testing results:

After about 15 reboots I got the battery working. After about 100 I can say, the chance for my device is about 20% that it works, this really needs to be fixed.

GPS is not working:
I get accurate speed and height, but the location is not accurate. Sometimes its exact to the town (2km), sometimes only to the state. This also seems to be reboot dependent.
The compass is not picked up.

After seeing the bad state of the drivers: Would it maybe be possible to use open source drivers which have been mainlined?
http://elektranox.org/droid4/

The keyboard backlight can be manually controlled via /sys/class/leds/keyboard-backlight/brightness. 255 is maximum brightness.

I want to help getting Sailfish fully running on the droid 4, but I have no experience at all in developing for Linux and porting. Only with programming. Feel free to show me where I can contribute.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Macros For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Macros View Post
Further testing results:
After about 15 reboots I got the battery working. After about 100 I can say, the chance for my device is about 20% that it works, this really needs to be fixed.
The way battery level is calculated on Droid 4 is weird compared to newer devices. Basically it depends on closed userspace daemon. I tried to fix it and supposed I've fixed it before (the conditions when it starts and when it fails are pretty uncertain), but going to look again then with newer SailfishOS build.

Originally Posted by Macros View Post
Further testing results:
After seeing the bad state of the drivers: Would it maybe be possible to use open source drivers which have been mainlined?
http://elektranox.org/droid4/
The mainlining work for Droid 4 is pretty cool and I'm aware of it, however, the issue is there is no 3D acceleration support, and SailfishOS UI would be painfully useless with software rendering. If any way to port PowerVR kernel driver to mainline and use PowerVR blobs is found, Maemo Leste will benefit from this as well, see for details: https://leste.maemo.org/Motorola_Droid_4/PowerVR

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TheKit For This Useful Post:
Hello,
I have been using the builds for a while but did not make an account. I like, nice work.

For some reason the email app does not accept my credentials, they work everywhere else. The sd card does not mount, I read that I should Mount it manually but I do not know how. Am a noob.

Can someone please tell me the command and where I have to enter it.

Also is there an office application available in jolla or through android or something else? The sd card is the priority though.

Somewhere on an xda thread it is written that I should change my device resolution. Should that be done?

Thank you, and amazing work , thkit.

The Following User Says Thank You to hispeedimagins For This Useful Post:
Is there any way to start /system/bin/battd manually?
When I run it, it just exits. Even if we had to manually restart it when the 100% battery problem occurs, it'd still be a major improvement over rebooting several times.
Thanks, as always, to TheKit for making this excellent rom available.

The Following User Says Thank You to moodroid For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Feb 2018 @ Darwin NT
Originally Posted by moodroid View Post
Is there any way to start /system/bin/battd manually?
When I run it, it just exits. Even if we had to manually restart it when the 100% battery problem occurs, it'd still be a major improvement over rebooting several times.
Thanks, as always, to TheKit for making this excellent rom available.
battd, as far as I know, is just middleware for an actual battery read daemon. And again, as far as I know, the issue isn't with battd but rather the actual root battery daemon not sending battery information to battd to show in the actual UI without very specific circumstances that TheKit has had trouble recreating. Again take what I say with a grain of salt, I don't have much experience with OMAP devices and porting because the PowerVR graphics that usually accompany them are a nightmare to work with.

The Following User Says Thank You to GalaxyNinja66 For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the info. I don't know anything about it. I'd just observed that whenever the % was wrong, that /system/bin/battd was no longer running. For me, pretty much whenever I reboot this occurs. Still love this rom though!

The Following User Says Thank You to moodroid For This Useful Post:
One of my xt897's turned itself on this morning, so i modded it for hardware-off.
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=100460.0

The Following User Says Thank You to merpl For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TheKit View Post
This is a testing version port of SailfishOS to Motorola Droid 4 (maserati), based on CyanogenMod 11.0.

08.04.18 update SailfishOS 2.1.3.7[/URL]
Is there coming any update? I might give chance to SailfishOS, when waiting that Maemo Leste will be more ready.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to teroyk For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 677 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
Possibly silly question - is it possible to have SFOS on a memory card for example, so that you can dual boot to Android on ROM, as well as SFOS on SD?

Seems to me that the current installation method overwrites Android? Or I missed something?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sicelo For This Useful Post:

Tags
droid, hwkbd, sailfish os, xt894