Active Topics

Sorry for yet another question...
Obviously very low priority...
The cursor keys seem to be mapped a bit funny with left and right being up and down and vice versa. Any way to change them?
Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to moodroid For This Useful Post:
I had the same problem with cursors on photon q. Swap them in /usr/share/X11/xkb/keycodes/evdev.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to elros34 For This Useful Post:
@TheKit
oh no, you're out with the port? damn. Hey good job man! I hope a lot of people enjoy it. What about an xda thread? Already up?

The Following User Says Thank You to carepack For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by elros34 View Post
I had the same problem with cursors on photon q. Swap them in /usr/share/X11/xkb/keycodes/evdev.
Excellent, thanks - sorted! (114, 111, 113, 116 for reference)

This is now totally usable for me except for the headphone socket not working.

Don't suppose anyone knows of anyway of routing sound to the headphone socket, even if it's a manual process rather than automatic?

Many thanks

Last edited by moodroid; 2017-03-07 at 14:47. Reason: update

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moodroid For This Useful Post:
journalctl is your friend You can try to create /etc/ohm/plugins.d/accessories.ini with appropriate values taken from evdev_trace (mce-tools package).

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to elros34 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by carepack View Post
@TheKit
oh no, you're out with the port? damn. Hey good job man! I hope a lot of people enjoy it. What about an xda thread? Already up?
Heh, sorry for getting ahead of train, didn't see you on #sailfishos-porters lately. There are still issues to fix, as you see, so I wanted the port to become more stable before posting on XDA, but to get some initial feedback and testing.

The Following User Says Thank You to TheKit For This Useful Post:
journalctl is your friend You can try to create /etc/ohm/plugins.d/accessories.ini with appropriate values taken from evdev_trace (mce-tools package).
Thanks anyway, but it's beyond me! I can't even identify which event I need to use. I guess I'll wait until somebody who knows what they're doing has time to look, i.e. @TheKit

Thanks everybody for the help so far, and especially to TheKit for even making this possible.

The Following User Says Thank You to moodroid For This Useful Post:
Posts: 166 | Thanked: 454 times | Joined on Apr 2015 @ Poland
Glad to see a port for the Droid 4.
Might count me in as a tester.

The Following User Says Thank You to mp107 For This Useful Post:
Bought a Droid 4 a while ago (they are dirt cheap and the keyboard seems to be nice) but never used it.
This port sparked my interest though so rooted the device and installed safestrap yesterday.

After installing Sailfish and rebooting the screen turned black (lit) and didn't show any error message.
I didn't turn it off this night (not knowing how long it takes to boot the first time) but this morning still a black screen.

Wiped the phone and tried again. Same result.
Wiped the phone and only installed CM11 and booted CM11 - that worked fine.
I used ROM slot 'stock'

Maybe I am missing one obvious step - I am not very experienced in flashing custom roms for Android phones and never used safestrap before.

Last edited by t-b; 2017-03-07 at 20:20.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to t-b For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by t-b View Post
I used ROM slot 'stock'

Maybe I am missing one obvious step - I am not very experienced in flashing custom roms for Android phones and never used safestrap before.
Please try non-stock ROM slot (for example ROM slot 1). I didn't actually know that "stock" slot can be used for installing custom ROMs in SafeStrap, going to fix this in init scripts. If it takes more than a few minutes for initial boot, something went wrong and it probably won't boot.

Thanks for mentioning this. The kernel didn't transmit EV_SW events expected by ohm though, so I needed to modify it.

As a quick fix, extract files from the this archive, then do:
Code:
devel-su
mount -o remount,rw /system
cp kernel /system/etc/kexec/
cp accessories.ini /etc/ohm/plugins.d/
I plan to do a new build to fix this and some other issues from the thread later.

Last edited by TheKit; 2017-03-07 at 20:36.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheKit For This Useful Post:

Tags
droid, hwkbd, sailfish os, xt894