Active Topics

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
well it seems to work fine in the power kernel too now, either it's cached my location or all the rebooting helps. i will try it again when i go home and see what it does.

The Following User Says Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
There is a file that stores the last known position, I think it uses that for lack of a better position. If you close any apps using GPS, then open xterm and gainroot and delete this file:

Code:
rm /var/lib/gconf/system/nokia/location/lastknown/\%gconf.xml
That will delete the cached location. Then start a GPS app and see if it still works.

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California
Hum...I'm on T-Mo in Calif Bay Area. I use the Skyhook supl.skyhook.com. I'll try your tip.

The Following User Says Thank You to deziredd For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
sorry forgot to update this, when i went home the a-gps still seems to work fine from the power kernel. the initial fix was off by a few blocks in a different direction, and when i came out of the bathroom and stood by a window it was able to refine it. I'll try it one more time for the hell of it though. Will delete that file first.

-edit-
still works

Last edited by Creamy Goodness; 2010-09-25 at 19:11.

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Hmm, well if you can get any satellite reception that may be interfering with the experiment, since I'm concerned about how it behaves when unable to get real GPS lock. But I thank you for taking the time to try and I will keep seeing what I can figure out on my side