Poll: I think it's a good idea. I want this app.
Poll Options
I think it's a good idea. I want this app.

@figaro In a few weeks time

Nice idea, and it'd be nice to add a busy - out of service kind of stuff. call forwarding applet isn't that good

that would be a great app.

if possible, can you make it to be capable of blocking certain numbers for both sms and call? there are certain people who keeps on calling me for pointless chat when i'm studying. i don't want to totally block everything like tablet / airplane mode but that feature will also help...

Power,
Nice idea. I have a suggestion of a feature for blocking SMS. Is it possible to add a rgiht click option or top menu option for any SMS received from someone (bank, advertiser, etc) and then select "block this sender" ?
Most of the time we don't know who to block unless we receive an SMS from them.

Originally Posted by hermes040 View Post
Power,
Nice idea. I have a suggestion of a feature for blocking SMS. Is it possible to add a rgiht click option or top menu option for any SMS received from someone (bank, advertiser, etc) and then select "block this sender" ?
Most of the time we don't know who to block unless we receive an SMS from them.
or at least there's a menu to import from... (conversation, recent history, etc) from within the apps

Originally Posted by figaro View Post
for your consideration, the best sms/call blocker i've ever used is MCleaner, it's available for Symbian, Android, iPhone

if you're at lost when thinking of what features should you put, just look at that apps. the only drawback from that apps is no pattern matching (incl predefined pattern ie. number containing letters, number less than 'n' digits, etc)
spot on. pattern matching is important. some of those telemarketers use PABX / hunting lines with numbers like
12345xxxx

where the last 4 digits keep changing but it's from the same company / person. so pattern matching would be useful. i would suggest a simple system where only ? and * wildcards are allowed and this would suffice. the ? and * wildcards work like on a linux filesystem.

in the sms/call blocker app, i would expect that any pattern matching would only allow a single use of * and multiple use of ? in a single pattern.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to droll For This Useful Post:
Posts: 79 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ holland
+1 this ,keep the good work

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lower Saxony
gimme....
I use MyContacts but since I don't need its other features, it's a huge waste of RAM. And it misses some calls without caller id...

Features i need:
Call blocker by blacklist, if possible with pattern matching
Block of calls without caller id

Bonus:
SMS blocking

Thanks for looking into it...

Posts: 191 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ NanJing China
could you just make it support language of chinese or even more Asian languages???

Originally Posted by yellowjacket View Post
I was not thinking about caller ring tones. The functionality is more like an answering machine, that selects the message played to the caller depending on his callerid. So for example my friend would get a message "hey meet me later usual time in our favourite place for coffee grande" while everybody else would get the "I am too busy right now to answer. leave me a message or try again much later."

Anyway, just a thought.
Yes I would like this as well, because I can't turn off my voicemail from phone company, and costs me money to check my voicemail. So if I set phone to silent I would like it to auto-answer and record a voicemail on the phone. And selection by who is calling would be even better

The Following User Says Thank You to zero For This Useful Post: