Posts: 64 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Joensuu, Finland
Yes, I can see the power saving is quite successful Thanks for the info.

Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
While suspended timers like sleep is suspended too. If you want to make software that does something while suspended, you should use https://github.com/nemomobile/libiphb as that is currently the only thing which periodically can be used to wake from suspend. In the future we might offer somekind of Qt/QML API, bug no eta avail currently.

Having said that, please avoid using that, as we really want to save power and not have too many apps waking up from suspend periodically
Is it possible to enable it in sshd? I keep having to tap on the device to wake it up to continue working while sshed in, only way currently is to put 10 minutes on screen timeout but that surely drains more power.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Is it possible to enable it in sshd? I keep having to tap on the device to wake it up to continue working while sshed in, only way currently is to put 10 minutes on screen timeout but that surely drains more power.
Device doesn't go to suspend state if you keep it on usb cable, it only goes to suspend if cable is not connected. (As there is no need to suspend when device is getting external power).
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 245 | Thanked: 233 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ljubljana, Slovenia
A bit about multiple calendars ...

1) Have 1 exchange account and it's calendar name is "default". Than local calendar is also "default" -- is there an option to rename calendars? ATM only different color can be assigned.

2) Local calendar is useless -- at least on my device I cannot create event and save it to local calendar.

Steps to repeat: disable exchange calendar, create event and there is no option to mark, on which calendar event should appear. Save event and check calendar -- event is not there. Enable exchange, check calendar -- event is there and with color, assigned to exchange calendar.

I have no idea how behaves if there is no exchange calendar.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
Device doesn't go to suspend state if you keep it on usb cable, it only goes to suspend if cable is not connected. (As there is no need to suspend when device is getting external power).
It certainly would be nice if ssh connections could be more responsive when the device screen is off - ssh over WiFi on a Jolla has all the characteristics of a connection with very significant packet loss, requiring several stabs at the keyboard before anything appears in the console.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Milhouse For This Useful Post:
Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
@sponka
When I created my Exchange account in Jolla the calendar associated with it was correctly named after the account name. After reboot the name disappeared.
I also can not find way to create event to specific calendar. I also can not find a way to import .ics file to Jolla calendar.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
It certainly would be nice if ssh connections could be more responsive when the device screen is off - ssh over WiFi on a Jolla has all the characteristics of a connection with very significant packet loss, requiring several stabs at the keyboard before anything appears in the console.
I havent noticed such behaviour, maybe you should buy a new wifi AP with bigger antennas.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 115 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Spain
Just a little bug: gpg2 --gen-keys doesn't work, because there are no 'pinentry' packets available in the repositories.

Must import keys.

Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by sponka View Post
A bit about multiple calendars ...

1) Have 1 exchange account and it's calendar name is "default". Than local calendar is also "default" -- is there an option to rename calendars? ATM only different color can be assigned.
That's a bug in the UI(already fixed), Exchange main calendar is should be called "Microsoft Exchange" and other calendar in the same account should display their server name.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to VDVsx For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
I can confirm the "problem with sync" issue, exactly as reported. I tried to pinpoint the error extensively, it is not auth-related, authorization happens, but then imap replies with "that's all she said" and dies. UI shows updating seemingly forever and then "problem with sync"

I also had a case of jolla-email doing 100% on both processors, I have a photo of htop, if you need that for forensics please ask.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post: