Active Topics

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Brunei Darussalam
Yes or no?

Is there still a chance for this phone to live?
Btw, there are no Nokia care centers where I come from.
Attached Images

Last edited by DJQwamii; 2011-08-22 at 01:32.

Is there anything I can do by myself? Any suggestions?

You can buy any faulty Nokia phone with microUSB & take out it's microUSB & solder it on your N900's circuit board.

The Following User Says Thank You to Armstrong Dicksmasher For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by Armstrong Dicksmasher View Post
You can buy any faulty Nokia phone with microUSB & take out it's microUSB & solder it on your N900's circuit board.
Why does he have to do that? the one he has only needs to be soldered back in place .

It is not damaged at all and if he goes to the usb fix thread he will get all the info he needs to put it back in place.

Go take a look and decide what to do.

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Why does he have to do that? the one he has only needs to be soldered back in place .

It is not damaged at all and if he goes to the usb fix thread he will get all the info he needs to put it back in place.

If some pins are too badly damaged (broken,bend etc) then he might need to replace the usb.
But yes if the pins are still ok condition then he can just try to solder it back

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Armstrong Dicksmasher For This Useful Post:

thank you for the quick response! Quick question: What do I do with the 5th pin? How can I reattach it?

Originally Posted by DJQwamii View Post
thank you for the quick response! Quick question: What do I do with the 5th pin? How can I reattach it?
Are the 5 legs intact ? are the 4 little earth legs ok?.

You need to clean up first and get all the legs tinned ready to work on.

You need to look at the tracks for ALL the legs and see if it is possible to solder back exactly as it came off, every break is different and if the tracks are ripped off then you will have to link wire the legs as per the diagram.

Do NOT link pins 1 and 2 together.

Please check the board condition now the port has ripped off, you WILL be able to scrape away the paint and solder the jacket down to earth as it is explained on the usb fix thread but you need to make sure the port is aligned properly.

Report back on the board state and i will assist you further ok.

PS your going to need a very fine tip to be able to attach anything to those data legs on the rear.

Last edited by abill_uk; 2011-08-22 at 03:49.

Take a very close pic of the board only where the port should be,macro shot, make sure it is in focus and let me look ok.

You need to be looking on this thread......

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1073476

Last edited by abill_uk; 2011-08-22 at 03:05.

Are the 5 legs intact ? are the 4 little earth legs ok?.

You need to clean up first and get all the legs tinned ready to work on.

You need to look at the tracks for ALL the legs and see if it is possible to solder back exactly as it came off, every break is different and if the tracks are ripped off then you will have to link wire the legs as per the diagram.

Do NOT link pins 4 and 5 together.

Please check the board condition now the port has ripped off, you WILL be able to scrape away the paint and solder the jacket down to earth as it is explained on the usb fix thread but you need to make sure the port is aligned properly.

Report back on the board state and i will assist you further ok.

PS your going to need a very fine tip to be able to attach anything to those data legs on the rear.
Only a little part of pin5 is intact. It is now very short (very). Thanks for the reply, and I will check the usb fix thread. I haven't actually disassemled the phone. I will continue on this once I get my tools. and I will update as soon as possible!

Last edited by DJQwamii; 2011-08-22 at 03:39.

The Following User Says Thank You to DJQwamii For This Useful Post:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/mk08i4

The service manual download link, you will probably need this i think.

Last edited by abill_uk; 2011-08-22 at 06:17.