Originally Posted by dwaradzyn View Post
ModRana also supports sqlite tile storage which CloudGPS will also support in a distant (like next year) future.
FYI sqlite might be too slow:

http://aciqra.caglow.com/articles/18

It was only a few months ago, in July, when the idea came up to use SQLite to power the graphics of Aciqra II. At the time, it seemed like a great idea. SQLite is fast, ate up little memory and is easy to implement. Even though this was confirmed by tests conducted before the process began, what was not clear was that it is not fast enough. SQL database systems are built to do many things but powering a graphics engine is not one of them.
An investigation into the source of the slowness led to the discovery that each SQLite query takes up to 0.2 seconds to execute.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
I doubt that sort of time delay will affect CloudGPS - it's certainly going to be faster than downloading the map tiles.

very smooth indeed! thanks for great app! I'm also using modrana with sqlite as its taking much much less space. I hope cloudgps can share sqlite with modrana in future

Posts: 317 | Thanked: 787 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Krakow, Poland
Version 0.3.11 is uploaded to extras-devel. This version has stability issues fixed and faster tile loading times (4x less on CPU).

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dwaradzyn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 13 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Stockholm
Cool prog, keep up the good work!

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Bolivia
Originally Posted by dwaradzyn View Post
That is problem no. 1 at the moment and I will try to fix it and release fixed version before working on other features. The point of the 0.3.10 release was to have new features released for the conference.

The tiles are stored in /home/user/MyDocs/.maps directory. This directory is used by Maep, Mappero and ModRana at the moment. ModRana also supports sqlite tile storage which CloudGPS will also support in a distant (like next year) future.

Next major release will have those two.
Hello there! Congrats for the app! It's awesome! I have a question... how can i put the street map that i download with GMapCatcher so the program can used? cause in /home/user/MyDocs/.maps i found two more directorys, OpenStreetmap I and OpenStreetmap II.
So, what can i do?
Pleace excuse my english!

Posts: 317 | Thanked: 787 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Krakow, Poland
Originally Posted by yoarimo View Post
Hello there! Congrats for the app! It's awesome! I have a question... how can i put the street map that i download with GMapCatcher so the program can used? cause in /home/user/MyDocs/.maps i found two more directorys, OpenStreetmap I and OpenStreetmap II.
So, what can i do?
Pleace excuse my english!
I am sorry to inform you that GMapCatcher produces directories that are not compatible with OpenStreetMap naming scheme and it will not be (easily) possible to use it with CloudGPS. I know modRana has bulk downloading feature and it worked pretty well last time I tried it. I do not know of any PC software that does the job. Maybe other users would like to share which tool works?

I try your app now.. Amazing job Sir!
Thank you for all the work

Regards

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Espoo, Finland
I just have to say that this app is so mind-bogglingly awesome that it makes my head almost explode. The only GPS-app I use these days.

amazing application. just couldn;t figure out how to switch to satellite image mode.

Tags
best gps app