Originally Posted by slaapliedje View Post

There was a nasty bug with the new folders of PR1.2 that I wanted to report, but I was never sure exactly how to or even what exactly caused the problem.

The issue was that at one point I was creating a 'Games' folder, and it totally screwed up my menu, so that I could only scroll down so far then it would bounce back up, I couldn't get to any launcher icons past where the corrupted icon was.

I tried looking through all the forums for a similar issue, but couldn't find one, so was going to report a bug, but never got around to it...

Lame that they closed it!

slaapliedje
This isn't a bug of PR1.2. You uninstalled home screen background settings after upgrading to PR1.2 which broke the menu.

And thus went 7 (or more?) years of mobile research down the drain. So, I guess Maemo really was ahead of its time. But yeah, it's clear that it was never even given a chance to become anything else than a research project. Thank you for everything, Kallasvuo and Elop.

I have never thought that the day I said this would come, but, what the heck, Nokia? Samsung really deserves to overtake you.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to user/zero For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by slaapliedje View Post
Is it horrible that my initial thoughts of this were "Well screw them, we'll just open our own bugzilla and have it send emails to the guys at Nokia that work on these things!"

But then maybe we should just create our own anyhow and then hope they'll have the decency to look at it.

There was a nasty bug with the new folders of PR1.2 that I wanted to report, but I was never sure exactly how to or even what exactly caused the problem.

The issue was that at one point I was creating a 'Games' folder, and it totally screwed up my menu, so that I could only scroll down so far then it would bounce back up, I couldn't get to any launcher icons past where the corrupted icon was.

I tried looking through all the forums for a similar issue, but couldn't find one, so was going to report a bug, but never got around to it...

Lame that they closed it!

slaapliedje
Good idea, we need a community tracker, like there was for Maemo5x.
I think that infrastructure is already at FMC IIRC....
Of course it's unlikely we'll get Nokia to look at much of it...
But at least we'll have one central place where everything's properly documented.
And that will facilitate the community to do what they can, where they can.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-03-09 at 09:26. Reason: typo

Further acceleration of next billion strategy?

EDIT: I think there is little chance for CSSU because Nokia will not open any Harmattan closed components in the near future... due to sharing with meltemi

Last edited by sony123; 2012-03-09 at 09:40.

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Romania
Aww man too bad, but at least the bugs that are reported will be fixed. It's better than nothing.

I don't regret my purchase though, I'm gonna ware my N9 down until it breaks.

The Following User Says Thank You to bmate For This Useful Post:
Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
Also, guys I found swiping up to answer/reject calls painfully stuttering. I had this since the dawn of time but have just reported a bug for it as it never went away despite couple firmware updates. Actually I reported it quite before they posted the news of not taking any more bugs. Please vote if you have the same thing here. Hopefully they look at it coz I have 2 reports still not assigned and its been sitting for a while now. Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to jaeezzy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 50 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Romania
Yup I wanted to file a report for that too, but kept putting it off(and look what happened).

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by gabriel9 View Post
Do you know for sure it is closing? Maybe they will open it again. :/
That's what I was told by the Harmattan people working there.

But in the end, it's just closing a building where only a bunch of people were working anyway. People are just moving offices elsewhere, so this is not really tragic. But the idea of closing down Maemo's birthplace is sad.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
I Know I should shut up and peoople are pissed about me being negative or a "troll".

But Seriously: People have to realise N9 will not get big updates anyway so I can undestand if the small people behind Harmattan closing the bugtracker because of lack of time.

There already is lots of feature requests that is not even possible to fix/improve with the small team behind Harmattan. Still I see people who want us to vote for theyr bugs. So IMHO! We should all make sure IMPORTANT bugs get attention instead crying about closed bugtracker or feature requests that never will appear.

You have to realise the facts: Only the most IMPORTANT bugs will be fixed in feature updates.

I also saw alot of complaints in the announcement. But dont blame the few people behind Harmattan for Nokias decisions. Not they'r fault.

And sending messages to Elop about "open the bugtracker again" is IMHO just plain ridicilous. Again the team will not have any time to FIX those bugs/improvements anyway.

Btw... If you havent got an N9 yet go get one before its to late. Theyr ridicilous lowpriced in my country now even if we only get small improvements its well worth the money. Because I take that as N9 is soon abandoned And this is the last cool most open device I know of as todays date

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I'm not sure why folks would say that it's not a big deal. It means another staff and resource reduction around Harmattan and that's a big deal.

Tags
bugtracker, bugzilla, debugging, feature request, harmattan, nokia