Active Topics

Originally Posted by patocr View Post
its charged 80%...... it's been like that all the afternoon. i even let it charge like 3 hours, its 100% now.

the same happens.......

GKFNR"!?$I!=RKOPFAOPFAO;FPSAKFOPA#######!!!!!!!!!! !!
Er, sorry, I misread your comment.

Try putting the phone into Sync and Connect mode, then do flasher -i. Once that successfully connects to the phone, then do the actual flash. It doesn't look like you were following the guide (though in theory it should work either way).

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Argentina
same.... dont recog phone

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Philadelphia
Originally Posted by patocr View Post
same.... dont recog phone
Keep trying. It took me about 8 disconnect/reconnect USB attempts for the flasher to finally recognize my N9.

Patocr, are you usign the USB original cable that came with the phone?
Be aware that not all USB cables are created equal and if you're using a generic cable or one from another device, that could explain why your phone is not being recognized.

im using the original cable.... i also tried with my other nokia cable, the one i used to flash several phones.

Anyway, the only time a pc recognized it, was a month b4 when i tried to reflash the pone to my actual version, and it couldn't because ota timestamp was newer than navifirm's one.

Still.... all day trying, no luck.
fk m

edit: not good.
now my phone wont charge up to 100%.
everytime i connect the phone in the usb i get the msg that usb has not enough power to charge the phone.
i can't even get close to a flashing point.
im exhausted.
im done, im selling.

Last edited by patocr; 2012-03-04 at 11:29.

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ houston, tx
@patocr just from a different standpoint -
have you tried an alternate USB port? (im sure you have but in case you havnt - and i see you keep mentioning that your pc says it cant charge...)
Some usb ports just cant supply enough initial current - inrush - so might not work - especially on laptops and those for desktops that arent connected directly to the motherboard - in my experience.
Does Nokia Link or NSU see your phone on the same usb ports?
Also for charging alone - try charging directly from a wall charger - see if that helps.

i tried it. all.
i have a imac. so ports are ports, i have 4, tried it all.
i have another desktop pc, the same. i have a notebook, the same.

its like a bug, everytime i connect to a pc now i get that msg. and after, states that i can charge. with wall charger, its okay.

Nsu see's it, but keeps saying my phone is connected through usb, were it isnt.
i want to trow it to the trash.

i cannot use fb or twiter nor im getting the update, nor i cant reflash to correct bugs. i feel like i have the most expensive phone and cant use it.

SUCKS BIG.

Have been trying to get Fenix mail and some Settings to launch since PR1.2 update. Tried NSU and Flasher to no avail.

Does Flasher actually write over all system files? (i.e. format the phone then re-install the firmware) Cuz it's not really working the way I envision it would.

HOLY **** CRAP!
i made it work...... i managed to get a windows pc with XP, and using an old cable, i got it working.

now flashing (from argentinian personal n9 pr1.1 to hispanic 1.2)
hope it works good.

will edit when it ends.

EDIT: GREAT THX

Last edited by patocr; 2012-03-05 at 23:32.

The Following User Says Thank You to patocr For This Useful Post:
Posts: 16 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ houston, tx
@patocr - good to see you wont be selling now!
hows that pr1.2??

Tags
flashing, nokia n9