I have decided to flash my emmc and rootfs and followed the steps as mentioned on the wiki page... infact, I flashed my device a few times now but only rootfs, so I decided this time to have a clean N900 by flashing emmc too.

flashed emmc first, removed battery for a while then flashed the rootfs. Everything seems to be working great, but the keyboard...

when booting the device only the left and right side of the keyboard's light turns on while all the middle is dark.

After booting is done successfully lights seems to work but it is dimmer in the middle.

If I leave my N900 until the screen goes black the sides of the keyboard's light flickers.

Has anyone experienced this problem? And how has it been fixed?

I had smilar problem , my keyboard light was completly off , so I done a complete flash - first time my n900 get flashed . After flashing all went normal ... *just my experience*

You enabled R&D mode
See instructions here for disabling it:
http://wiki.maemo.org/R%26D_mode

The Following User Says Thank You to Megaltariak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Megaltariak View Post
You enabled R&D mode
See instructions here for disabling it:
http://wiki.maemo.org/R%26D_mode
Thanks, I checked the site and it says:

The power button turns on the tablet with a shortpress press as opposed to the longpress normally required.

N900: The keyboard backlight behind the left and right side of the keyboard flickers in response to system activity.

which is exactly my problem

so do I have to reflash my N900 again?

and where do I use: flasher-3.5 –-disable-rd-mode ... while flashing the emmc or rootfs?

It worked, MegalTariak...

thanks for ur help... made my low knowledge of N900 richer