Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
And.. Lebanon, as usual, gets in the crappy situation again

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by AMD View Post
And.. Lebanon, as usual, gets in the crappy situation again
Whats going on in Lebanon now?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Whats going on in Lebanon now?
Nothing, just gunfire and bombs and usual stuff, nothing really worth worrying about,

I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Nothing, just gunfire and bombs and usual stuff, nothing really worth worrying about,
That sucks.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Well, I just have to live with it.
Anyway, gotta sleep now, tomorrow school..

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Graveyard
Google Considering 'Wireless Balloons' to Deliver Internet to Countries

Google's news about its ambitious plans to build wireless networks in "emerging markets" like Africa and Asia isn't nearly as interesting as how the company might ultimately end up deploying Wi-Fi to these areas – not via conventional cable-stringing but, rather, by balloons.

While Google appears to be planning a fleet of CPUs and Android phones to connect its wireless networks together – over airwaves commonly used for television broadcasts, reports the Wall Street Journal – the company is also allegedly planning a few more esoteric methods for getting wireless access up and running in previously underserved areas.

Among these methods are satellite Internet and the aforementioned "balloons" plan, which would use "high-altitude platforms" to blast a wireless signal across an area spanning hundreds of square miles.

In other words, these aren't just conventional Wi-Fi routers strapped to weather balloons. They would also use frequencies different than those used for television broadcasts – an area that the company would need to get a governmental blessing from in order to fully deploy, given the regulations involved.

As for why Google is planning to invest such a great deal of hardware and engineering think into underdeveloped areas, the Wall Street Journal postulates that Google is simply interested in connecting more users into the Googlesphere of apps and devices. Doing so, in turn, helps add to Google's considerable success in Web advertising. With more than half the globe not even connected to the Web, even gaining a small sliver in this ignored population would give Google a healthy new base to draw from – a critical note, given that the company pulls most of its annual revenue from its advertising.

The move would also allow Google to get to this new population first before other carriers descend en masse. With numerous cable companies and wireless carriers in the U.S. and Europe crying foul that Google benefits from running "over the top" apps and services their networks with little benefit to the carriers themselves, Google's first-to-market wireless service in these underdeveloped areas would allow the company to get out ahead of its "competition" and circumvent their ability to prevent Google from effectively serving new audiences.

Google's ambitions are comparable to its launch of "Free Zone" in fall of 2012. This service allows users in the Philippines, Indonesia, and South Africa to use Google services and click through to search results without incurring any data charges on their phones. If users continue to surf the Web beyond the results of their searches, however, data costs apply.

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Graveyard

TMO is seriously getting boring, everybody's so quiet in here nowadays, not as active as it was before. :/

TMO is seriously getting boring, everybody's so quiet in here nowadays, not as active as it was before. :/
yeah u r right

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
That's what happens when a forum goes from general tablet discussions.. to then hooking up with a particular brand.. then the manufacturer lets that brand dies off.. and the forum isn't smart enough to go back to general discussions again. Personally, I can't believe it's STILL using the name 'Maemo' here. heh
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Tags
countdown, dooms_day, specc is the, troll ericsson