Why don't you try GizmoProject? I think it has conference calling.

Sony isn't the company it once was. They tend to use sub-par parts which is why 90% of Sony equipment comes with only a 90 day labor/parts warranty. Being heavily involved in the electronics industry, warranty's always extend to the quality of components you use in the product.

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Nokia also doesn't want the 770 to bite it in the *** - - if I lived in a WiFi cloud, I wouldn't need a cell phone anymore now would I?

Mylo looks small... too small for my liking. Mayhaps the low resolution will accomodate the screen it's on? The PSP has a low resolution but everything's dithered enough to make it look passable.

In any case, I won't go near any Sony product with anything short of a loaded rifle. I hope that $50 they snaked out of me for Starwars Galaxies was worth it.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
And another thing, the Sony doesn't have a digitizer in the screen (or, if it does, it's hidden marvelously). Does anyone remember the joy of surfing on the PSP? (dangit! I really need a sarcasm smiley)

No touch screen, low res, completely propietary and closed (in true Sony style).

Although it has a nice media-center style interface (necissary without a touch screen) and a full qwerty keyboard, it's pretty lame.

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
http://www.wired.com/news/technology...?tw=wn_index_7

Another article. There was a comment left saying "First of it's kind? I've had a Palm for years" and I followed it up with one on the 770. Both appear to be gone now with "First of it's kind" remaining in the story.

The Mylo looks like a trinket, nothing more than a wifi enabled sidekick.

Yeah albertkarel is right. If they can make a Skype version for the Sony device, why can't we have it? Apart from that, the Sony screen is far too small to make me envy that.

ok. sony makes proprietary stuff. right.
but they have a special target: the young guys using their mobile phones as media device.
the young guys who are not interested in reading wikipedia neither in porting nmap.
the guys who want the feeling to have "style", content, and connectivity
in their pocket. (in the video they say: you can share video with your frineds).
and that's the way they will sell this machine, this will be the wireless
video-messenger-ipod. did you ever care about the OS on your ipod?
of course, when trying to make an audio recording, but that's it...
sony knows what are the most important features and they will not
lock the mic input as apple did on the 3rd gen ipods..
sony is just waking up another network of users wanting to
watch and share media. does not matter that in the moment you wanna share your first mp3 you realize it is proprietary and the other device does not wanna play it..
you have the feeling of owning it. that's it. and most people will have it for 350.
thanx to the keyboard and the hardware keys allowing to use it as a walkman in your pockets...
they have their target. would you say that the will sell 15 millions of psp in a year if the only thing you can use it for is playing games and listening to music? 15 millions.

the 770 needs a keyboard. that's the message.
and a ready-to-go feeling, advertised everywhere.
as sony does: you switch it on, and you can type.
that's it.

Last edited by mrn; 2006-08-09 at 08:27.

Posts: 832 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Phoenix, AZ
Tiny low-res non-touch screen? No thanks.
If Nokia came out with a keyboard slider for the 770, it's all it needs.

Thanks!!......But no thanks.

Screens just too small, no BT etc