Active Topics

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Denver, CO
"Cobalt917" You think you got a deal with the Navicore kit. I picked of 3 things at CompUSA.
1.) A navegaition kit for 57$. Works with N810 also

2.) I got 2 N810 for 143$ each.

The dumb computer people at Compusa thought they where both broken.

First they both did not turn on. Well they never do when you are trying to charge them with the USB cord. Second when they plugged in the powercord they did not wait 3-4 minutes for the N810 to charge. They all need to have a charge to turn the unit on.

Second unit have a cracked case. AKA the battery door was not shut all the way. I guess they thought it was a iPod.

I am glad Crap USA is gone with boneheads telling people what to buy they dont even know how to turn on a device.

P.S. any one want to buy a N800 cheap?

You should have waited a bit longer Witznutz, Everything went down even more. I got the nav kit for $18.99.

Just got my nav kit yesterday...best part is the windshield mount. It works with the clamp-type part that came with my N810! The license and the mount were well worth the $60 that I paid at Comp USA in Indianapolis, IN. They had one left as of yesterday.

Also of note was the final remaining N800 for $99. Just a heads-up for any Hoosiers or Indiana transplants (like me).

Man, I wish I could get this navigation kit for that cheap. All the Comp USAs shut down where I live. But if anyone wants to buy it and resell it to me, I'd buy it. :P

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

I know this is a deals forum, but I'm playing with the Nav Kit now and it seems less than ideal. You would need two chargers for long trips because of the need to keep the GPS unit charged. If you already have the N800 plugged into your lighter, you would have to alternate. Plus the UI doesn't seem to be the best. I had to input my address three times before I found the "correct" field to get it to turn on the navigational software.

Kinda lame when compared to my Garmin...

$18.99 is good. I think $57 is still high b/c I can get a stand alone Garmin for $120 and it works way better that the kit + N800.

Originally Posted by Inate00 View Post
You would need two chargers for long trips because of the need to keep the GPS unit charged.
that depends on how long is your trip. my GPS unit stays charged for weeks and N800 has couple of hours of battery life.

i still hate you all since i paid $200 for my nav kit alone.

Seen the navkit is still b**dy expensive in EU, if anyone comes across one for 20usd and would do me the favor of sending it over to Belgium, I'm more then happy to pay your kit for the trouble (on top of kit+port of course).
I can pay by paypal or send hard cash (usd) over trough mail.