Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Don't you think it's smarter to wait for jolla to release more info before buying a device that might get support?
I agree with Dave.
I would try to find out more before buying a phone that in the end may not be supported or discontinued and we end up with nothing.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ka9yhd For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
Don't you think it's smarter to wait for jolla to release more info before buying a device that might get support?
no. If jolla "fools us again" I'll need a new phone anyway. And X has pretty decent support.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Spoiler warning:
At least James (or the one managing the Jolla Twitter account) suggests that it makes sense to get a Xperia X.

Is this a hidden confirmation that a flashable image will be released?
Can an uncertain release date keep you from rushing the store?
Will dave999 approve your move?
Watch out for even more spectacular revelations in the upcoming episode of Jolla Mysteries.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Spoiler warning:
At least James (or the one managing the Jolla Twitter account) suggests that it makes sense to get a Xperia X.

Is this a hidden confirmation that a flashable image will be released?
Can an uncertain release date keep you from rushing the store?
Will dave999 approve your move?
Watch out for even more spectacular revelations in the upcoming episode of Jolla Mysteries.
Dont be such a fanboy mosen. Take a souber look of what we know. What can happen between now and then. Anything, Even jolla twitter tell you that from what they write. Probobly the reason they haven't announced anything solid yet.

I don't disapprove anyonce move, I thought that was pretty obvious from what I wrote, but I guess not.

Think it throw and make a solid decision before anyone jump on the hype train. That's all.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2017-05-26 at 06:39.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
dear lord, the endless grinding marathon of jolla's teetering survival is becoming so normalised that i'm getting bored of waiting for the next non-excitement to emerge from the rumour mill.

do something. do anything! just try and look like you're of continuing relevance to my future, please...

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jedibeeftrix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Okay, that article is a bit misleading - X phones are not yet discontinued, only we shouldn't expect successor models to these.

http://www.xperiablog.net/2017/05/24...and-x-compact/

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Dont be such a fanboy mosen.
Now, you did not get my sarcasm?
Damn. I tried so hard to be obvious, should have used a proper GIF

Just wanted to clarify that i sincerely do not believe anyone will get an XX just because of James tweet.
But your warning is surely justified to keep overexpectatious fanboys from hurting themselves. Fine. Granted.
Only they have all left after getting burned.

Most people still reading here have developed quite high frustration tolerance when it comes to broken hopes.
Yes, a symptom of fanboyism and you can find more if you look through a common fanboy detector.
Only the root cause of this symptoms is not religion like forgiveness and blind fellowship but proper understanding of the situation and evaluating chances.
Also, risk is always a matter of financial capability.
To some people it is a low and calculated risc to try out those chances.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Now, you did not get my sarcasm?
Damn. I tried so hard to be obvious, should have used a proper GIF
No. didn't get that at all. A GIF would probobly sealed the deal though. .

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
The main question is unanswered if you look at ejjomans second tweet.
Will there be a flashable image or is it strictly bundled with a new device.
I think it is best to ask again instead of further speculate.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
The main question is unanswered if you look at ejjomans second tweet.
Will there be a flashable image or is it strictly bundled with a new device.
I think it is best to ask again instead of further speculate.
Well, after their first press release I would thought fifty fifty between flash yourself or buy preFlashed device. But after James response at blog it sure looks like you have to flash yourself.

It also sounded as the release would be ready during Q2 when reading press release. But lately it sounds more like we are getting some basic info before end of Q2

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x