Closed Thread
though I don't know jack about anything, I have an n810 and would love to help out as much as I can. I just really hate to see it go to waste collecting dust just like most of my other nokia device.s...

I'll be working on a wiki to host this project and create a form later today, I'll post the URL here, meanwhile , i like to invite bdogg64, dj_steve and all other members who would like to join in getting Android alive on the N900 Hardware

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Helmy For This Useful Post:
Helmy,
Can you have 2 sections, for N900 and Legacy N8x0 devices. I'm not sure how much code can be shared between the 2, but I would love to have a space available for legacy devs to work as well if they want to

I am pretty sure that people see Diablo right now as a dead end, and would like to have Android in order to breathe new life in their devices, considering that Android has more widespread usage, more apps, etc.

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!

The Following User Says Thank You to mrojas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,306 | Thanked: 1,697 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Durham North-East UK
yes, ill be happy to help out, and most certainly would prefer a legacy section to as i only have my n800 at moment (my phone contract isnt up for upgrade till may )

but ive got a tmobile g1 at moment if getting info off that wouldbe any use for anything, also have some experiance doing custom kernelrs from, a projects i helped with on xda

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dj_steve For This Useful Post:
im downloading the android source as i type- all 2gb+ of it hopefully going to try and work out how to get some things running and i think ill see if i cant add the ti gfx drivers aswell when i work out the kernel

Last edited by dj_steve; 2010-03-02 at 19:07. Reason: change of info

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dj_steve For This Useful Post:
Posts: 163 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Alabama
Originally Posted by dj_steve View Post
im downloading the android source as i type- all 2gb+ of it hopefully going to try and work out how to get some things running and i think ill see if i cant add the ti gfx drivers aswell when i work out the kernel
Are you going to use the android kernel and patch in the N900 changes?

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

The Following User Says Thank You to bdogg64 For This Useful Post:
i dont have a n900 to test with just my 800 so id have to rely on others their and id need the patches - ive got the android kernel and omap parts - strangly the kernel has options for the gfx and sound so ive enabled them too, its complaining abotu a certain module so im working round that now

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Virginia
Originally Posted by dj_steve View Post
i dont have a n900 to test with just my 800 so id have to rely on others their and id need the patches - ive got the android kernel and omap parts - strangly the kernel has options for the gfx and sound so ive enabled them too, its complaining abotu a certain module so im working round that now
I have an N900 and a tester mentality, e.g. if I see a button I push it (can't resist). So if you need someone with an N900 who doesn't care about reflashing(I'm going to do it anyways), I'm more then willing to help out, just tell me what to do and I'll tell you if it works or bricks.

The Following User Says Thank You to Apoc For This Useful Post:
I'm in with testing it out on my N900, bdogg64 can you post the patches and how to apply them ?

Edit: The site is now accessible from http://nitdroid.co.nr/

Last edited by Helmy; 2010-03-03 at 02:00. Reason: Site is ready (kinda)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Helmy For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread