Active Topics

I've installed OpenVPN on my n800 running OS2008. I've created an executable shell script that connects me to my work connection. The only "problem" with this is that I have to open X-term, go root, then type in vpn. It would be great if I could just connect with an icon or some type of shortcut somewhere.

Posts: 191 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Ottawa
Originally Posted by clicker666 View Post
I've installed OpenVPN on my n800 running OS2008. I've created an executable shell script that connects me to my work connection. The only "problem" with this is that I have to open X-term, go root, then type in vpn. It would be great if I could just connect with an icon or some type of shortcut somewhere.
Hey that is great news. To make it easier, I would say the first step would be to edit /etc/sudoers to allow you execute 'vpn' without being root.

Once you have that working, you can put the command in something like osso-statusbar-cpu which allows you to specify commands.

Probably there is a way to add your shell command to the menus, but I haven't done this successfully (yet).

I hope this helps,

Craig...

Hmmm..... I've installed statusbar, and entered the script name and path, but no go.

Nothing appears to happen. Would I have to do something like: xterm parameter?

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Germany
you could also start openvpn automatically based on the ssid of the connected wlan. Look here: http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=18434