Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by totololo View Post
I find the idea very interesting.

Some companies (like Sony) after some success believe they KNOW what people want or need. They think that their choices will be followed blindly by willing users who will continue to pay more and more for their newest products. But they simply don't consider their customer advices.

And inevitably, after a while, they fail, because they simply don't understant anymore what people may want ... and especially if you consider that the things they want ... changes with time.

So, this brainstorm could be a very nice way for Nokia to "keep in touch" with its customers. (Or at least to pretend to do so). It would be a wonderfull begining to say :

What do you need ?
What do you want ?
What would you like ?

We can do that for you.
Good point, and I agree, but keep in mind it is Maemo Brainstorm; not Nokia Brainstorm. Not everything proposed there is a proposal directed to Nokia. The data is from the Maemo community to the Maemo community of which Nokia is part.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to allnameswereout For This Useful Post:
Posts: 381 | Thanked: 847 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
The data is from the Maemo community to the Maemo community of which Nokia is part.
...which is how the moderators are also set now, they're mostly community members.

In any case, Brainstorm is now open for testing. Read more from my blog.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to bergie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Thanks bergie!

Please go to http://maemo.org/community/brainstorm/ and post your own ideas, proposals, comments, ratings... No need to put too much brain in the proposals since we are still testing the tool. Just post stuff, play with the tools and report what you think is broken or needs improvement.

For instance, I think the main page needs a lot more work. How is it going to look like once we have many ideas created? Now the proposals of a single idea take too much space.

Yes, I know this is common to http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/ but I wonder what is better: to give more spotlight to a single top idea or to save space in order to lit more top ideas in the default screen?

The Following User Says Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 381 | Thanked: 847 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
For instance, I think the main page needs a lot more work. How is it going to look like once we have many ideas created? Now the proposals of a single idea take too much space.

Yes, I know this is common to http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/ but I wonder what is better: to give more spotlight to a single top idea or to save space in order to lit more top ideas in the default screen?
Good points. We anyway need some "hot ideas" view that we can add to maemo.org frontpage, and some concepts of that could be brought to Brainstorm itself too.

Sketches and mock-ups appreciated

Tags
maemo.org