Active Topics

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
I use Conversation to chat with my girl. I noticed when she uses the desktop Y!, when I send her the emoticon of a zipped mouth, she sees one blowing hearts. This is totally opposite of the effect I wanted.

Is this a bug with Conversation or Y!? And when will we get more emoticon support?

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by christexaport View Post
I use Conversation to chat with my girl. I noticed when she uses the desktop Y!, when I send her the emoticon of a zipped mouth, she sees one blowing hearts. This is totally opposite of the effect I wanted.

Is this a bug with Conversation or Y!? And when will we get more emoticon support?
Probably Nokia used the wrong icon for it. What is the actual text sent for the icon? We can check that to see if it's a bug in Conversation or not.

Send her the emoticon "marry me!". Should fix all your problems!

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Dominican Republic
fix? there is where all the problems starts! lol

whats she using? windows live messenger? whats if she has the Y binded to an emoticon? that happens.

she's using Yahoo messenger,

Can you make a Y! account, get Y! Messenger and test it yourself?
If it is infact a bug, report it at http://bugs.maemo.org

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Would be interesting to have the real letters used for it here instead of the symbol that is displayed by the applications.

The road to using bugzilla instead of forum threads looks long.

These threads should be locked with "File a bug" as an answer.

No offence to you christexaport, most of the time I enjoy your posts, but really here, it better be a bug in bugzilla than a forum thread.

Posts: 696 | Thanked: 1,012 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Asturies, Spain
Originally Posted by Andre Klapper View Post
Would be interesting to have the real letters used for it here instead of the symbol that is displayed by the applications.
Probably in the log database is saved in real letters. I don't have time to test it, but here is a hint: /home/user/.rtcom-eventlogger/el.db, "Events" table and sqlitebrowser

boke, is it ok with you if I verify whether its a Maemo bug or a Y! Messenger for Vista bug first? We're not even sure who's problem it is. Patience...

And unfortunately, I don't use desktop systems. I did temporarily because I was without a device, but I have one now, so...

The Following User Says Thank You to christexaport For This Useful Post: