Active Topics

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ UAE/Dubai/Burj Khalifa
WTF people....many threads in the forums are redundant and useless

Like a new thread where a "member" says he hates Meego name....

I mean.........WHY, its soooo annoying, wherever you go in the forums you will find someone b%$#hing about something related to N900....

I hate it, I want to replace it, Do you regret, why this thing is missing... etc etc

The situation is so pathetic and sad that it makes me laught...

I believe that those threads belong here....in OFF-TOPIC (like this thread)

Strange world we live in... sigh

Its time to stop posting!!!!!
http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/1646/stopposting.jpg

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ UAE/Dubai/Burj Khalifa
Oh, also for those people....

Its time to stop posting!!!!!
http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/1646/stopposting.jpg

calm down ,guys

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
It's ok PR1.2 is due tomorrow

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
Cool story bro wish i had a life like yours

Posts: 186 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
We should get a "Head explodes" smiley to the selection.

Last edited by juise-; 2010-04-07 at 10:23. Reason: s/smily/smiley/

Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
It's better than fake PR1.2 threads anyway...

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 240 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wiltshire, UK
I never knew Basil Fawlty ran an N900...

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Yorkshire, UK
/Devils advocate

People post on these forums because this is the only real place to let off steam about the fact they bought a phone that doesn't do what they wanted. In some cases they paid a lot of money to get what is essentially rubbish to some people (me included) and because the likes of Expansys won't let you put up comments about the phone to warn other buyers and because you can't send it back as technically it isn't broken, merely pants.

And yes I know Nokia doesn't sell it is a phone, in the smallest of small prints on some impossible to find page they say it has GSM support and isn't a phone. However I would be interested to see someone take this to court, afterall under the trade descriptions act, Vodaphone and Expansys sell it as a phone, not an internet tablet.

Allowing people to have their say is part of the process and reading one page of comments isn't enough, merely adding your name to a long list of unhappy names isn't enough because people can see nothing is being done, or at least not enough. Reading posts where a Nokia tech guy says he is one of two people is just laughable. We should be getting posts about Nokia having teams of developers, but we don't. So anger and frustration build.

I know PR 1.2 isn't going to fix what I hate about the N900, Nor will PR 1.3 or 1.4. I am going to have to wait to Meego 6 or whatever it will be called before I get the phone I thought I was buying. Assuing Nokia rethink the MMS issue.

I am glad you are a proud owner, I am not. I actually talked a guy in Argos out of buying one by listing it's faults last week. I felt good being honest to a stranger.

Anyway that is my tuppence.

/Devils advocate

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Originally Posted by twigleaf1976 View Post
I know PR 1.2 isn't going to fix what I hate about the N900, Nor will PR 1.3 or 1.4. I am going to have to wait to Meego 6 or whatever it will be called before I get the phone I thought I was buying. Assuing Nokia rethink the MMS issue.
How do you know that? Why do you think that there isn't going to be an application to fulfill your needs? Only if the hardware is not good enough then you can be certain. And then, the hardware is clearly stated on all reviews - specs page.

Originally Posted by twigleaf1976 View Post
I am glad you are a proud owner, I am not. I actually talked a guy in Argos out of buying one by listing it's faults last week. I felt good being honest to a stranger.
See how many people are here that are proud owners. Maybe that stranger of yours lived up to be one of them. You can't talk someone out of buying something especially if he is a stranger and you don't know his habits. You can only state the facts that you think are understated in the print.
________
Vaporizer volcano

Last edited by qwazix; 2011-08-21 at 10:34.