Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
It's the "new" name of a long standing Swiss mobile software company, after they acquired a french company.

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

The Following User Says Thank You to twaelti For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Guys dont get your hopes to high. I distinctly remember the No Bounds project. I assume this will either go that way or if it comes to the end user it will end up as the palm applications which were never useful because of lack of integration with the rest of the phone/tablet

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Los Angeles
Is there any idea of what the ETA of this is?

For me this is a welcome addition..
While I like some of the apps that are available for android, I don't like the user interface and the lack of true multitasking.

In the N900 we have a superior operating system and back catalog of linux applications, as well as the full debian catalog through easy debian, full java j2se support and partial webos support through preenv, the addition of the occasional dalvik app (or j2me app running on dalvik) is useful too, which makes the N900 the perfect device for me - its all about choice!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to [DarkGUNMAN] For This Useful Post:
rock on!!!

Is it the 14th well hea whats going on?? when will it be available to us alsohow easy will it be for us newbies

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
Guys dont get your hopes to high. I distinctly remember the No Bounds project. I assume this will either go that way or if it comes to the end user it will end up as the palm applications which were never useful because of lack of integration with the rest of the phone/tablet
The difference here is this is a real project from a real company - not just an experiment is someone's "beta lab". They claim that this will be "commercially available later this year" on Meego. I would expect that we will get some more details at MWC when they do their demonstration there.

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

The Following User Says Thank You to cfh11 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 423 | Thanked: 486 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, England
Interesting quote from Stephen Elop:-

"Our competitors aren't taking our market share with devices; they are taking our market share with an entire ecosystem. This means we're going to have to decide how we either build, catalyse or join an ecosystem," wrote Elop.

Alien Dalvik seems like the perfect way to join an ecosystem to me!

Source:- http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/Nok...364783901.html

I recommend reading the whole article...very interesting stuff with paragraphs like:-
Even so, speculation has been frenzied that Elop would choose some kind of co-operation with Android particularly in the North American market where Symbian is on shaky footing.

BTW..They've still not replied to the email I sent (and re-sent yesterday)

EDIT...I see that there is a thread about something similar that I've just found...http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=69057
but I think it's relevant enough to post it here...

Last edited by Dancairo; 2011-02-10 at 16:57.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dancairo For This Useful Post:
i'm just a consumer type with a bit to no knowledge porting and developing something...

i remember someone answered my question about the main problem porting android's flash 10.1 is because it's dalvik. if alien dalvik get released, will it be possible to port it for microb? or how about ripping android's stock browser and installing the flash?

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
it could probably run an android web browser complete with flash 10.1, although it's also likely the gps won't work and the video won't be as smooth.

Tags
2014 no dalvik, android, dalvik, its christmas!, java vm, just shoot me, maemo, meegdroid, meego