Notices

Posts: 79 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Melbourne Australia
just installed it and i have been unable to connect to the stream any advice?

The Following User Says Thank You to justice4all3000 For This Useful Post:
Installed, and it works ofc. Good job!

Some points:

Do you kill the process directly? I guess you do, since the front camera indicator led doesn't shut down as it should. You have to stop it with terminate() and after few secs you kill it. In this way it has time to handle its own close events (like shutting down front camera led indicator).

Window title is "MainWindow", guess you have already realized it.

Settings don't get saved between one session and another one: you may use QSettings to do it.

Ui is fingerfoe: have you set a main layout in desiner? Top right corner (object subwindow) > right click on main window > layout> vertical layout.

ShowDebug button is not so needed, it can be swapped with maemo standard banners (QMaemo5InformationBox, and add QT += maemo5 in project file, than run qmake) to save space.

The calibrate window is in window style? Use a message box with detailed text instead (QMessageBox) to be more hildon oriented.

Binary is a bit big just to be a front end. Have you compiled it as release or debug?

Package is not optified, it installs in /usr/local/bin

Last edited by gionni88; 2011-03-08 at 11:16.

The Following User Says Thank You to gionni88 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by justice4all3000 View Post
just installed it and i have been unable to connect to the stream any advice?
Did you type in your desktop PC's IP address at the top, and then generate an sdp file for it? You have to copy that generated file onto your PC before you can stream anything.

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 97 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ saudi arabia
when clicking Generate sdp file, it freezes and craches.

The Following User Says Thank You to lolloo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gionni88 View Post
Installed, and it works ofc. Good job!
Do you kill the process directly? I guess you do, since the front camera indicator led doesn't shut down as it should.
The led doesnt shut down? It does for me. And I kill it with a "killall gst-launch-0.10" command, which seems to work well... but yeah I dont terminate the QProcess....its gonna be tricky terminating from another function. I currently just use:
Code:
QProcess*proc = new QProcess();
proc->start(streamout);
where streamout is just the string "gst-launch blah". How do I make proc accessible from another function? I've already tried adding "QProcess proc;" to the private slot in the header like I would with any other shared variable, but it doesnt work.

Settings don't get saved between one session and another one: you may use QSettings to do it.
Ah yeah I forgot about that, that should be easy to do

Ui is fingerfoe: have you set a main layout in desiner?
Yep, but the buttons stretched too big, so I set maximum policies on them..... guesss they're too small now huh? :-D

ShowDebug button is not so needed, it can be swapped with maemo standard banners (QMaemo5InformationBox, and add QT += maemo5 in project file, than run qmake) to save space.
definitely, I just needed something to output to (Im not sure how to output to the qconsole...

The calibrate window is in window style? Use a message box with detailed text instead (QMessageBox) to be more hildon oriented.
Nope, it's actually a qwidget that lies over the mainwindow as hidden at startup. for some reason I can't hide it again, so I have to inefficiently QSize it to nothing....

Binary is a bit big just to be a front end. Have you compiled it as release or debug?
Package is not optified, it installs in /usr/local/bin
It's debug, I didnt realise there was a difference.... and opt will not be a problem..

Thanks for the feedback man, I can't promise I'll get it done soon since I've been ignoring other work of mine... but hopefully in a few weeks...

Edit: I also forgot to add dependencies, and am now editing my control file....

Last edited by tetris11_; 2011-03-08 at 13:34.

Originally Posted by lolloo View Post
when clicking Generate sdp file, it freezes and craches.
Ah sorry, I think I know why that happens...
Can you print me the full readout of "sudo ifconfig" from your phone?
(do: "sudo ifconfig > /home/user/MyDocs/output.txt" and then copy that file)

ALSO: wow I cant believe I forgot to mention this:: you need to have gst-tools and rootsh installed before using this app. VERY IMPORTANT. I'm implementing this in now.

Last edited by tetris11_; 2011-03-08 at 13:01.

The Following User Says Thank You to tetris11_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 79 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Melbourne Australia
yeah i entered my computers ip address and generated the sdp for it could it be a firewall or router issue?

well you need to post me the output so I can see what going on.
I think it crashes because you don't have rootsh installed on your system, so the "sudo ifconfig" command is not recognised.

Or if you do, then you have other connections other than "wlan0".

But I really need to see that output before I change anything.

hey thanks for your app but unfortunately it doesn't work for me either.
when i click on generate file it just crash.
theres no output.txt so heres what i get when i launch it from a root terminal:

Nokia-N900:~# tester
ASSERT failure in QList<T>::at: "index out of range", file /home/tetris11/NokiaQtSDK/Maemo/4.6.2/sysroots/fremantle-arm-sysroot-20.2010.36-2-slim//usr/include/QtCore/qlist.h, line 455
Aborted

hope this helps you

Cheers, but Im fairly new at this and have no idea what that error means or what it references to...

Im pretty sure this is related to your ifconfig output, so can you just do:
"sudo ifconfig > /home/user/MyDocs/output.txt" on your device, then copy the output.txt here?