Active Topics

I get the same error dialog as before. Tab will not complete the filenane. When I checked it out:

/home $ cd ..
/ $ cd ..
/ $ cd media
/media $ cd mmc1
/media/mmc1 $ ls
ls: ./ubuntu-m5-v1.img.ext2: Value too large for defined data type
Carman backups camera docs music piano vids
/media/mmc1 $

By the way,
you posted 2x qole.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
wolfs:

Yeah, sorry, as we discovered earlier in this thread, the 2GB N900 images (with m5 in the name) are too big for the N810 for some reason. Either use an older, smaller Ubuntu image or use the special N8x0 Debian image I made a little while ago.

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
But I want Ubuntu!!!
Can you make a smaller Ubuntu???

Would anyone happen to know how to add fonts?

Using OOo Writer on the road has been fantastic, but I would like to use the Arial font which is not currently available. Thanks!

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
hordeman: make a directory called .fonts in your home directory and put all your custom fonts in there. They'll be available to Easy Debian apps and (some) Maemo apps too.

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Thank you so much! That did the trick. I learn a new thing every day!

Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
Since the newest (previous two, even) updates I can not get right click (touch and hold) on the menu's to bring up the context menu so I can edit the appearance of the menus.

Has this been removed or just tweaked?

The Following User Says Thank You to kingoddball For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qole View Post
wolfs:

Yeah, sorry, as we discovered earlier in this thread, the 2GB N900 images (with m5 in the name) are too big for the N810 for some reason. Either use an older, smaller Ubuntu image or use the special N8x0 Debian image I made a little while ago.
I did neither use an img file nor a partition, but simply a directory on a big partition on my N810. This is how I did:

Mount the image on a linux desktop,

Share the dir by NFS, and copy the content of the mounted image to /debian on the tablet.

In .chroot, put whatever name in IMGFILE, uncomment CHROOT

As root edit /sbin/debian and comment the part that tries to mount the image.

Et voilą. A part from the fn key that does not work, everything is fine. I might have to modify /sbin/debbie as well, though.

Last edited by dcy; 2010-08-12 at 07:23.

My apologies if this problem has been addressed before, but I conducted a search on this thread, and I read the wiki, and didnt see it.

I have the virtual keyboard running on my n800/Diablo. The keyboard is there, covering the bottom third of my screen. However, in Iceweasal, Epiphiny, or Open Office Writer, when I use the stylus to click on a letter, nothing happens. The cursor is blinking, the stylus is able to function as a mouse and even click on links within the browsers, but the keyboard isn't working.

Ideas?

Tags
debian, easy debian, extras-devel, free