Active Topics

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Berlin
Hi all,

since I've updated to PR 1.2 I'm facing some problems with my google account. There seems to be a problem to connect to the server. I can't either download mail nor go online with google talk. Rebooting or deleting and re-adding the account solves the issues for a short time. After a few email downloads it stops working again.

Is anybody having the same problem? I would like to do some debugging. Does anybody know where I could start? What's the name of the service responsible for the account managing? Does it have log files some where?

The Following User Says Thank You to endboss For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
I do have this problem from time to time. After a reboot it goes away though until next time. I don't know where to check though. If it continues I think I'll return to the trusty old N900 for my primary phone.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Posts: 319 | Thanked: 221 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
I'm also having this issue. Rebooting the phone solves it for a while until it happens again. Very annoying.
goViihde, an Elisa Viihde client for N9
Shortcut Stash Home Screen Widget

I have also had this. In addition, I found that because my gmail was set to 'up to date', it polled the server constantly till the battery died. This is a pain because, while I can use mfe for email, it doesn't show emails past a certain age.

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Vancouver
I've also been trying to log into gmail and it's stuck at "Checking" stage. Since this was my first time logging in, I wasn't sure if it's my connection or some software error, but it seems now others are also having issues.

Rebooting seems to fix it, for now.

A couple of similar threads I found while troubleshooting:
http://goo.gl/Lxh4a [nokia.com]
http://goo.gl/UkKF7 [nokia.com]

Last edited by Sap; 2012-04-22 at 21:07. Reason: url added

The Following User Says Thank You to Sap For This Useful Post:
Posts: 40 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ The Netherlands
I have nothing to add but a +1, sorry...

N9 has repeatedly stopped updating gmail for a while now, sucks really bad.

Update: i just noticed something strange:

Some of the emails (i'm using threaded view) showed the same (wrong) subject line, which was the subject of one particular older e-mail. I manually deleted that particular e-mail in the normal gmail on my computer, pushed the refresh button on my N9 and it started syncing normally again.

No idea what happened there...

Last edited by litemotiv; 2012-04-23 at 08:09.

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ saint lucia
It's frustrating. We all thought the 1.2 update would solve that, but it didn't. Now we have to hope 1.3 fixes it

I'm having this problem since friday, maybe google changed something on server side?

Edit: Contacts and calendar working fine. Removing the account and adding again doesn't solve the problem

Download it at Maemo Garage or at extras-devel

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
mine is normal,

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Berlin
I tried that osso-wipe-thing mentioned in the nokia-forum-link above, no luck. Mine was working initially with PR 1.1. I somehow have the feeling that the problem started when I added a google-calendar from another account. Anybody noticed something similar, i.e. is was working and stopped at some point.