Notices

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Hehe. Anyways, i kinda like using single column on my N800 (even tho it exposes a fair bit of stuff that the CSS usually keeps hidden, making the pages cluttered).

after using the opera browswer I am unable to access the system keyboard. In fact it says not is installed. I have uninstalled opera, restarted my phone a ton of times and nothing. Still no keyboards!!!! Anyone else notice this???

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Lisbon, Portugal
Nope, nothing like that. I suffered a bug Saturday where the phone became so unresponsive (pegged on 100% CPU usage - the meego-compositor process IIRC) that I eventually opened the terminal by mistake and the VKB did not appear. It was there, I could write, but the system keyboard was invisible. Eventually I was able to reboot the phone.

Have you checked if you have the correct keyboard languages selected in Settings?

The Following User Says Thank You to tigas For This Useful Post:
The new release is blazingly fast! I love it!

But there's no way I could stick to it if there's no support for the Meego on-screen keyboard in the future.

I think that's the first priority since the Opera keyboard sucks, really.

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Finland
Do not install! Clock disappered from lockscreen, and screen went mad (for example nothing happened on screen when incoming call). Sometimes screen was like broken (colours was not right). After uninstall and reboot looks that my phone isn't broken.

I downloaded it from Nokia store.

Originally Posted by cevenn View Post
No way for me, works only with WiFi!

Does your mobile operator use a proxy? Check Settings - Internet Connection - Edit networks - NETWORK NAME - Advanced settings - Proxy configuration.

The browser doesn't currently pick up proxy settings automatically, you can enter them manually on the opera:config page in the browser but it's cumbersome.

/ohrn

The Following User Says Thank You to ohrn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 192 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ south of France
Originally Posted by ohrn View Post
Does your mobile operator use a proxy? Check Settings - Internet Connection - Edit networks - NETWORK NAME - Advanced settings - Proxy configuration.

The browser doesn't currently pick up proxy settings automatically, you can enter them manually on the opera:config page in the browser but it's cumbersome.

/ohrn
No way.
I uninstall it, phones seems to have troubles since Opéra is install:
I loose 3g automatic connection, battery drop, very hard to restart after battery empty...
Hope it will be fixed...

Hey ohrn much appreciated for bringing 11.5 to maemo!

hope you'll be able to bring version 12 soon, mulple speed dial feature sounds really good

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lonk For This Useful Post:
Hrmf, seems i have attracted the Opera Link "curse". It just sits there spinning on the "logging in" dialog...

Heh, starting to suspect a server issue. Even with a known false user name and password combo i do not get a immediate error. It simply just sits there going nowhere.

Last edited by tso; 2012-02-29 at 13:05.

Interesting, now i seem to get a actual error. unable to connect, please review network settings...

Edit: well figures. Go to my.opera.com first and log in. Then try Opera Link one more time, and now it works without a hitch...

Last edited by tso; 2012-02-29 at 15:52.

Tags
fast browser, opera