Active Topics

Originally Posted by Alfonso Bastos View Post
That's not portrait. You're just fooling yourself. Look at the task luncher its still in the original position. upper left corner if you're holding the phone at landscape.

If you want portrait so badly go buy a phone that is portrait. Such a whus
6 posts - 0 thanks - all of them the same tone. Way to enrich the environment man.

Such a douche (since we are calling people names)
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
6 posts - 0 thanks - all of them the same tone. Way to enrich the environment man.

Ahem. And look at what date he join. Just ignore him. He doesn't know anything

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by richwhite View Post
I don't get it, does the widget change the desktop to the portrait screen, or does it actually rotate? And if it's rotating, why do you need to make a landscape and portrait screen?
The "rude portrait desktop" is basically 2 normal desktops which both have a widget which switches to the other desktop when the device is tilted. So there's no real portrait desktop, just a primitive imitation of that.

This is just a poor substitute, if you don't like it, you can wait for a REAL portrait desktop to be published.

Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
Originally Posted by Keneraali View Post
The "rude portrait desktop" is basically 2 normal desktops which both have a widget which switches to the other desktop when the device is tilted. So there's no real portrait desktop, just a primitive imitation of that.

This is just a poor substitute, if you don't like it, you can wait for a REAL portrait desktop to be published.
I like it, i just wondered how it actually worked

I don't really like it, because it flips between desktops on EVERY turn, no matter what direction. Someone should add options to QBW's orientation update policy so that it would let you choose to update the widget only when tilting from landscape to portrait or from portrait to landscape.

Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
I don't really like it, because it flips between desktops on EVERY turn, no matter what direction. Someone should add options to QBW's orientation update policy so that it would let you choose to update the widget only when tilting from landscape to portrait or from portrait to landscape.
You could just have the portrait desktop without the widget. Just use desktop switcher so isntead of rotating you just tap an icon.

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Luleå, Sweden
Originally Posted by Bratag View Post

couldn't agree more.... First one ever, to find his way on to my ignore list.

/oxpo

Well why don't you do it with code within the QBW?
It's orienation update policy is very good, giving you all sides and both faces, if I remember correctly, combine that with the RememberMe value and I am sure you get what you want.

Could you give me some advice using the RememberMe value? I don't have any clue how to use that.

Last edited by Keneraali; 2011-04-18 at 21:39.

Originally Posted by JonWW View Post
Well why don't you do it with code within the QBW?
It's orienation update policy is very good, giving you all sides and both faces, if I remember correctly, combine that with the RememberMe value and I am sure you get what you want.
Guys, use following Parameter Substitution at Command/Script Runtime:
$QBW_ORIENTATION_MODE
$QBW_ORIENTATION_STAND
$QBW_ORIENTATION_FACE

See WIKI for reference

And keep up the good work!!!
Ciao.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to No!No!No!Yes! For This Useful Post: