Notices

I download "Oxford Talking" dictionary. extract and copy all files to /home/user/.stardic/dic/oxford/ directory. qstardict detect that but when i search a word that dictionary do not show any thing.
What is problem and how can i solve that?
Thank you.

Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
use mstardict,thats easy and works

will there be a version for n9?

Posts: 86 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Turkey
guys, where we can download .deb files/dictionary languages to my qstardict (or mstardict..the same ) i've cheked the sites showen up in the thread but they are not working or links broken. helppp

Originally Posted by TonyUkuk View Post
guys, where we can download .deb files/dictionary languages to my qstardict (or mstardict..the same ) i've cheked the sites showen up in the thread but they are not working or links broken. helppp
Here you are. Look into folders 001 and 002.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kolos For This Useful Post:
i found the compatible dictionary words data is missing lots of words, i want to have the latest 8th/7th edition oxford advanced learners dictionry, anyone know how to have it on qstardict?

Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
You will also find dictionnaries here.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jordi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Jordi View Post
You will also find dictionnaries here.
i have a look at that site, the size of oxford advanced learner dicftionart is only 4MB( i am afraid that it lacks many words in it), why there are no update for the database there?

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by youmeego View Post
why there are no update for the database there?
Simple reason is that most of the "freely" available dictionaries out there are directly lifted from or are "based on" commercial ones and hence infringe on their copyrights. stardict.org used to host a lot of these infringing dictionaries but have now removed them all and advises that "Thousands of free dictionaries can be found on the internet by Google"

It doesnt work on my n900, I cant install it. Is this possible?

Tags
bada rox, help i'm stuck