fvcking hilarious at the posters taking shots at ossipena - its so obvious these posters are newcomers to this place.

or misterc who thinks winning at the internetz is so important

outside of software updates, this whole place has jumped the shark, and this thread just proves it. at least in the days of qwerty there was still meaningful discussion - nowadays its just variations of "DIE ELOP DIE" rofles

Carry on ! and dont overdo it or you will go blind !

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by Frappacino View Post
outside of software updates, this whole place has jumped the shark, and this thread just proves it.
Then, you should visit certain webOS sites. I assume you will appreciate a familiar atmosphere. Oh, wait...

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
fvcking hilarious at the posters taking shots at ossipena - its so obvious these posters are newcomers to this place.

outside of software updates, this whole place has jumped the shark, and this thread just proves it. at least in the days of qwerty there was still meaningful discussion - nowadays its just variations of "DIE ELOP DIE" rofles

What else IS there to do at a website about a dead operating system with a post-apocalyptic community in denial? MAD MAEMO! Is it likely that Nokia will ever finally deliver a tablet--I mean a REAL tablet device? Would it be running Windows? How would you all react to that? Will Maemo ever finally find itself a newer device to exist on? Will this forum need to be renamed to be relevant or will it continue to hobble along with 'Maemo' in its name?

I know.. wrong company but it still seems appropriate, considering the misunderstanding of open-source, dashed hopes and even a similarly fond f***-you to their own customers (the only thing missing is blaming salespeople for their misfortunes):
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 399 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Croatia
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
OK... I used 'ad hominem' once in a post and now it's being repeatedly used. I suggest we add this phrase to the TMO drinking game. Every time someone calls out that phrase, we all take a drink.

Reference to the original thread: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=29907

Cheers!

PS: Wow! I just realized that thread started in the Internet Tablet Talk era of mid-2009. Appropriately, something we should go back to--talking about TABLETS instead of concentrating on a specific brand that decided to back-stab its community. Also appropriately, you should probably take a drink for every time I say that.
yes, we should talk only about internet tablets here and that excludes android, ios, n9 and so on because internet browsers on those devices are crap and only discuss maemo and desktop OS powered devices, microb is the only non-desktop browser worth mentioning

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 399 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Croatia
id rather have windows than android, at least than im not being lied to that im using an open OS

Last edited by GrimyHR; 2012-02-29 at 10:42.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Yes, and Windows has way more productive and feature-complete software available. I wouldn't mind non-touchscreen-optimized UIs, as with clever mappings even a right-click is entirely possible. Regarding Android being more open, maybe the OS itself, but the source of "apps" is too often not published. So to speak like one of my friends "the sum of all sh*t stays the same" or "the sum of all sh*t is always constant" (in German it sounds better).

Btw: exclude webOS too from talk, because for a web-centric tablet, the TouchPad has such a crap browser included i dunno which kind of bad acid taps HP consumed before deciding to release it as it was/is.

So, what is the fuss about?

ha! What I find hilarious is joining a thread where the thread title is what it is and expecting a meaningful discussion about the latest developments in CSSU or something remotely constructive to the devices we are using. Some people are just getting upset that others do not agree with them about Nokia's new strategy. Expecting everybody to share the same opinion on such a thread would be silly but that's what some are expecting.

Do you honestly also think this place is less constructive because of newcomers? Reminds me of people who blame any national problem on immigration. The same superiority/hipster (I was here before you) undertone. The hint to the real answer why this place is perhaps less constructive than it once was is in the name of the site and Nokias new strategy.

How long people have been posting here is also shown in each post. If it's of any importance to you (which it seems to be for whatever reason) I was around when qwerty12 was around and it's the reason I knew who posted that complaint before leaving.

Originally Posted by Cue View Post
Some people are just getting upset that others do not agree with them about Nokia's new strategy. Expecting everybody to share the same opinion on such a thread would be silly but that's what some are expecting.
I am a N900 fanboy it seems, yet I agree fully with Elop's strategy. Only by making tango and other phones rocking markets where people have around 189 euro for a smartphone (smartphonest move ever, really) and regaining market share will ever Nokia be in position to throw money at Open Source projects again. I might be dreaming, but definitely when losing ground noone is going to invest in innovation. Maemo/meego can only live when Nokia regains market share to invest in new things. Not that I would expect it from M$ (unless Bill says so)

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK

My website

GitHub

Tags
blame others, deluded fanboys, kidsbeingkids, lumiadork, ms will die, salesdroids, the elop flop, wp blows