Originally Posted by robertran88 View Post
i have a problem with 9mm earphones working on my n900, can some help me?
can anyone help me with this?

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
I'm using a set of Yuin PK-3s, and they are INCREDIBLE.

I really don't understand how something so cheap can sound so great. They're apparently very well made as well -- I accidentally sent them through a full laundry cycle this weekend (wash and dry), and they're still working perfectly

http://www.head-direct.com/product_detail.php?p=5

More info:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/...ciation-thread

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California
The ones that came with the phone are better than $30 SkullCandy in-ear-monitors

perhaps not the winners in terms of outright sound quality, but KOSS PLUGS (in its various iterations) yield lotsa dB for the buck and I defy you to find something more comfy than its ear canal-conforming goodness

although, if you like a small bit of hackery and experimentation (and you do have a n900, after all), any bud can be made to work with foam earplugs...

how about

a) something retractable so they are not all tangled up in the pocket
b) has mike so can still answer calls
c) sent to my by feb 5th (my bday)...
d) just kidding about c).

Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
i have cx500's, but why would anyone use them? the stock n900-headphones are MUCH MUCH better than the cx500.

after using the n900-headphones, the cx500 sound extremely dull and very bassy (in a negative way, like all sounds are drowning in a bassy noise)

Posts: 433 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ U.K
I have a pair of sony mdr ex300 and they give good sound for all the music I've put through them.

well worth the money.

Originally Posted by Bobbe View Post
Anyone here would recommend some headphones with mic that can replace the stock N900 ones? Kinda want to have great sound AND be able to answer calls without having to take the phone out of my pocket.
Personally I've given up on trying to find such a thing, and just switched entirely to bluetooth headphones. Some sound decent enough (coming from a Grado SR-325i/Ety ER4/K1000 owner! ), and they have a mic, plus volume and track/call controls.

I've had reasonably good luck with the Plantronics 903, but for the best you can get:

Grab a Sony DR-BT15 and decent headphones, cut the cable and solder on a new 3.5mm jack at 1'. The DR-BT15 hangs around your neck (or clips to a shirt/jacket), and you've got the best of all worlds.

I bought a new cable for my ER4s and shortened it to 1'. Sounds great!

Mind you, this combination weighs in >$500 so might be considered a little ridiculous for some.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Koss PortaPro

My website

GitHub