Notices

Excellent work guys, just when I was growing tired of my N900 I find this and my interest is renewd!

I have a couple of questions, is there a tv catchup icon?
Also could anyone point me in the right direction to get some sick greyscale or black and white wallpapers to compliment these wonderful icons?

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by trashcanman View Post
Excellent work guys, just when I was growing tired of my N900 I find this and my interest is renewd!

I have a couple of questions, is there a tv catchup icon?
Also could anyone point me in the right direction to get some sick greyscale or black and white wallpapers to compliment these wonderful icons?
Will do one for Tv Catchup.. and i use one of the stock backgrounds.. it works really good. I was using humanity but have switched to Actus Reus theme by daddeddad. It needs some tweaking but looks good.
Attached Images

Make your desktop look awesome - use the AwOken Theme with the AwOken Icon Theme.

Add me on twitter @almehdin
Visit the swedish maemo/meego community forums

Last edited by AlMehdi; 2010-11-25 at 12:20.

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 135 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Wish I was in Greece
Originally Posted by AlMehdi View Post
Will do one for Tv Catchup.. and i use one of the stock backgrounds.. it works really good. I was using humanity but have switched to Actus Reus theme by daddeddad. It needs some tweaking but looks good.
Hey buddy. How did you manage to use the icon pack with actus reus? If i use theme Customizer on this theme, it messes things up so i just use the theme as is because it's pretty nice! Did u overwrite the theme's icons?

Originally Posted by Parlapipas View Post
Hey buddy. How did you manage to use the icon pack with actus reus? If i use theme Customizer on this theme, it messes things up so i just use the theme as is because it's pretty nice! Did u overwrite the theme's icons?
No, i didn't need to. I did as normal.

The icon-themes are stored in separate sub directories under "/usr/share/icons/".. Theme Customizer take advantage of that. You have a file called gtkrc witch tells the system what theme and what icon-theme to use. So first you chose the theme, the normal way, and then the icon theme through Theme Customizer. The only "special" thing with Actus Reus is setting that theme up. You need to store it and symbol link it correct.

You can find gtkrc under "/etc/hildon/theme/gtk-2.0/gtkrc".

Make your desktop look awesome - use the AwOken Theme with the AwOken Icon Theme.

Last edited by AlMehdi; 2010-11-25 at 16:36.

The Following User Says Thank You to AlMehdi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 223 | Thanked: 135 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Wish I was in Greece
Originally Posted by AlMehdi View Post
No, i didn't need to. I did as normal.

The icon-themes are stored in separate sub directories under "/usr/share/icons/".. Theme Customizer take advantage of that. You have a file called gtkrc witch tells the system what theme and what icon-theme to use. So first you chose the theme, the normal way, and then the icon theme through Theme Customizer. The only "special" thing with Actus Reus is setting that theme up. You need to store it and symbol link it correct.

You can find gtkrc under "/etc/hildon/theme/gtk-2.0/gtkrc".
You know what's funny, I changed the icon pack through theme customizer but didn't select save and auto reboot, just apply changes. After it was set up, I powered off and then on again manually and they icons were changed successfully w/out everything messed up like before. Not sure if it is the the steps I took or the fact that I didn't change the fonts (that's what messed it up last time). Thanks for the help though. I will fiddle around with it a bit more.

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Theme Customizer indeed fails to run if you have placed the theme into MyDocs (or any other vfat partition) and then symlinked it.

Proper way to "install" the Arcturus theme is to copy the folder directly to the:
/usr/share/themes

And forget about symlinks etc.

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

The Following User Says Thank You to d-iivil For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Parlapipas View Post
You know what's funny, I changed the icon pack through theme customizer but didn't select save and auto reboot, just apply changes. After it was set up, I powered off and then on again manually and they icons were changed successfully w/out everything messed up like before. Not sure if it is the the steps I took or the fact that I didn't change the fonts (that's what messed it up last time). Thanks for the help though. I will fiddle around with it a bit more.
I didn't like the neon green active text color.. so i changed it to "dddddd". If you don't like the text shadow.. i opened up the gtkrc file and made a search for "chucknorris". Changed "eeeeee" to "333333".

Originally Posted by d-iivil View Post
Theme Customizer indeed fails to run if you have placed the theme into MyDocs (or any other vfat partition) and then symlinked it.

Proper way to "install" the Arcturus theme is to copy the folder directly to the:
/usr/share/themes

And forget about symlinks etc.
I did.. well /home/opt/usr/share/themes..

But i guess it will get optimized either way?

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ India
Thanks for this great icon theme.

Web Advices
Tablet Phone X
Blogging Tips
Know IP Address

Amazing, thx...

Tags
awoken, bada blows, bada rox, icons, theme