Posts: 85 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Utah, America
Well when i got my otterbox case it came with a screen protector and when i went to put it on a billion bubbles came springing up on a screen protector that was already on it but i didnt know that,
so now took it off & tried so many times to put it on and its impossible without getting arleast a thousands bubbles.

I got a PSP had for years had acouple scratches on the screen but cant see them when its turned on.

So im just curious on getting some other peoples opinions about this and their experiances on weather you use or dont use a screen protector

The Following User Says Thank You to maniacattack For This Useful Post:
Buy a good screen protector. They are made of harder plastic and therefore much easier to apply.

The Following User Says Thank You to webhamster For This Useful Post:
Posts: 310 | Thanked: 202 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ireland
buy some off ebay. you need them.

The Following User Says Thank You to king Ralphred For This Useful Post:
Posts: 88 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Czech Republic
Buy Brando Ultra Clear

The Following User Says Thank You to MaemoJirka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 101 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Liverpool, England
i've got a zagg invisible shield for my n900 its THE best cover i have ever had. I've got the maximum coverage one it comes with a lifetime warranty. All you do is send the old one back when you get your new one and you have to pay postage (cheap anyway). When i took the old one off my n900 was as good as new and i work on building sites most days. well worth the money

http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/...ns-shields.php

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to poogash For This Useful Post:
Posts: 94 | Thanked: 61 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Shoreham
Screen protectors are a must. I buy the cheap ones from ebay and change approx every 4 weeks.

The trick to avoiding bubbles is making sure your screen is spotless before applying the protector.

If you look closley at the bubbles you will more than likley notice that the culrprit is a small piece of fluff, dirt or dust.

I also buy the cheap ones as i have to get it perfect with no bubbles or it annoys the hell out of me, that way I dont mind throwing one away if i get it wrong !!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Raif For This Useful Post:
I had a screen protector for a while, and it built up a few scratches (it wasn't one of the really cheap ones either) so I thought it was doing its job. One day the touchscreen suddenly stopped responding, and I assumed it was broken. I took off the protector to send the phone back, but without the protector the touchscreen worked again, and was much more responsive (despite the fact that when I originally put the protector on I couldn't really tell the difference). Since then I haven't used a protector at all, and I don't have a single scratch, not even a hairline when held up to a bright light, and the touchscreen works a lot better. I've decided that the protector meant I was living with a slightly scratched and inferior screen permanently in return for some insurance against a big scratch, and that that's not really worth it. The screen on the N900 seems pretty tough, I've dropped the phone quite a few times, and I don't have a case for it. The only reason I can see for a protector is if you work on a building site, or live near a beach or there's some other reason you might end up rubbing grit into the screen.

Also, for what it's worth, if you want to put on a screen protector with no bubbles, put on the first edge, then put a tiny amount of water along the join, then put the rest down carefully so the droplet of water moves along as you go. The water makes it impossible for any air to get under the protector and you can just wipe it off at the end. This only works with the static electricity based protectors that don't feel sticky to the touch.

Last edited by patstew; 2011-01-20 at 19:52.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to patstew For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
I vehemently disagree with screen protectors being a necessity.

They are a bonus in some use cases, and IF you're doing something like working construction or whatever, where you KNOW things are going to be scratching against your N900 due to sheer statistical likelihood, then a screen protector is a wonderful thing to have.

But I've had my N900 without a screen protector since the day I got it, and no scratches (the only areas that are slightly scratched have nothing to do with screen protectors, and the Zagg Invisible Shield 'full body' protection doesn't cover those parts anyway, and I only got those scratches from dropping my N900 from waist height on concrete. It's taken harder drops without a mark so long as the surface wasn't serrated like concrete is). I use a belt clipping-on holster to carry it (and before that, I always reserved a pocket for it, so it was alone without anything else in there).

I just cleaned my screen, looked it over - in the 7 or so months I've had the N900, there's maybe 3-4 scratches that are visible without REALLY bright light used to make them visible. With bright light, you can see indications of little minute scratches, yes, but I literally have to have the screen off, and turn on a lamp right over the screen to see them, or go out on a clear sunny day.

If the screen is on, you simply can't see them. And none of them are even remotely 'feel'-able to the touch.

So unless your ability to enjoy a device is inherently linked to not being able to see any scratch lines what-so-ever under completely not-realistic use-cases (where "use" means inspecting the screen for scratches, not actually using the device for anything it does), I say a screen protector isn't necessary.

But if you personally want one, I recommend paying for a Zagg Invisible Shield one (not necessarily full-body, just a screen works too). They are indeed the best I know of.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Incorrect about ebay - I bought a pack of 3 and am still on my first one some 4 months later. Awesome quality - can still see the screen brillianty and very reponsive.

Just checked the packaging of the 2 I have unopened and they are:

Screen Guard (The Greatest Guard for LCD Screen)

I may have the ebay link still.............

Damn - too old it has gone.

Anyway the writing is down the side and it has a circle stamp with Japan Pet on it

The Following User Says Thank You to FP125 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
I vehemently disagree with screen protectors being a necessity.

They are a bonus in some use cases, and IF you're doing something like working construction or whatever, where you KNOW things are going to be scratching against your N900 due to sheer statistical likelihood, then a screen protector is a wonderful thing to have.

But I've had my N900 without a screen protector since the day I got it, and no scratches (the only areas that are slightly scratched have nothing to do with screen protectors, and the Zagg Invisible Shield 'full body' protection doesn't cover those parts anyway, and I only got those scratches from dropping my N900 from waist height on concrete. It's taken harder drops without a mark so long as the surface wasn't serrated like concrete is). I use a belt clipping-on holster to carry it (and before that, I always reserved a pocket for it, so it was alone without anything else in there).

I just cleaned my screen, looked it over - in the 7 or so months I've had the N900, there's maybe 3-4 scratches that are visible without REALLY bright light used to make them visible. With bright light, you can see indications of little minute scratches, yes, but I literally have to have the screen off, and turn on a lamp right over the screen to see them, or go out on a clear sunny day.

If the screen is on, you simply can't see them. And none of them are even remotely 'feel'-able to the touch.

So unless your ability to enjoy a device is inherently linked to not being able to see any scratch lines what-so-ever under completely not-realistic use-cases (where "use" means inspecting the screen for scratches, not actually using the device for anything it does), I say a screen protector isn't necessary.

But if you personally want one, I recommend paying for a Zagg Invisible Shield one (not necessarily full-body, just a screen works too). They are indeed the best I know of.
I can't agree here at all! Without my screen protectors the screen of my N900 would be full of deep scratches and acid holes (Yes, acid dropped on it already).

So I can suggest everyone to get a decent screen protector its worth every cent if you want to protect your N900 screen against deep scratches and stuff like acid.

The Following User Says Thank You to Crogge For This Useful Post: