Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Miami,USA
Hey whats up ppl...

I wanna ask Where does N900 store playlists? because I have the player Media Box and i want it to read the same playlist I have on the N900 player or atleast to backup the list incase I need to flash...

Thnx

You should find your playlist here: ~/.mafw-playlists

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DokterW For This Useful Post:
is this a command or a folder location? cuz i didn't get it?

Posts: 298 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Norway
Its a folder. In Xterm, type this to get there:
Code:
cd ~/.mafw-playlists
And use ls -a to check what files are there.
If you have Midnight Commander, type mc when in the folder.

yeah thank u but how can i export the playlist?

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
to be more specific ~ is a shorcut in linux for homecatalog in this case /home/user

I amhaving a similar issue. I have a similar (But not really lol) issue. I can see my playlist in Mediabox, but when I try to play it nothing happens. I can click on any of the songs, then Mediabox takes you back to the other screen and nothing happens. No music, no errors, no nothing.

Now one thing I was thinking was that maybe since my playlist has songs stored on my server at home (I'm using Winamp Remote) that may have something to do with it...I dunno. I stream all my music (To my phone, on other computers, etc) and I don't have any problems at all.

At any rate lol...the directory mediabox stores it's playlists in is
/home/user/.mediabox/playlists

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Vantaa / Helsinki / Finland
Afaik: playlists and radio station links are stored in sqlite database, not as m3u files.

There are 2 kinds of playlists the "normal" media player understands:

Internal format:
There are a couple of text files in the mafw-playlists directory.
The first files (numbers 1-5) are used internally (for example, internet radio stations or whatever).
Use the media player to create a playlist, go to that folder in a console. Type "cat 7" (or any other number); the format is a bit messy but understandable.
Other media players can access those playlists IF they use the correct external program. Direct file acess (File - Open) will not work.
No desktop application can create those playlists and you have to create playlists manually.

M3U playlists
The normal media player understands those.
They are listed in "Playlists - Imported".
Every desktop application knows how to create them. Just make sure to use the correct path format (i.e. not windows but linux).
Those m3u files can be anywhere for as long as relative paths are created correctly. Having a playlist on the internal storage access a song on the sd card will not work out-of-the box.

Last edited by rofltov; 2010-09-03 at 07:39.

The Following User Says Thank You to rofltov For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jpaulwhite View Post
I amhaving a similar issue. I have a similar (But not really lol) issue. I can see my playlist in Mediabox, but when I try to play it nothing happens. I can click on any of the songs, then Mediabox takes you back to the other screen and nothing happens. No music, no errors, no nothing.

Now one thing I was thinking was that maybe since my playlist has songs stored on my server at home (I'm using Winamp Remote) that may have something to do with it...I dunno. I stream all my music (To my phone, on other computers, etc) and I don't have any problems at all.

At any rate lol...the directory mediabox stores it's playlists in is
/home/user/.mediabox/playlists
No idea what winamp does, but I use MPC to stream music via HTTP; use normal player to listen and a "special" client (like cutempc or mmpc) to change playlists etc. No need for fancy playlists.