Active Topics

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Netherlands
I have a Alpine W910R car navigation unit with I can pair via bluetooth with my Nokia N9.
When paired, I can (via the Alpine) access the phonebook, but I can't access the phonelist with placed, received and missed calls.

This feature is supported by the Alpine, but not for all phones. Unfortunately, the N9 is not on that list.
A phone which is mentioned on the list of supported phones, is the Nokia 6230i.
And indeed, when the 6230i is paired with the Alpine, I can access (via the Alpine unit) the phonelist with placed, received and missed calls.

Is there a way how I can adjust/upgrade my N9, so that I can also access the phonelist with placed, received and missed calls?
Has this something to do with PBAP?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tijs67 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 187 | Thanked: 121 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Subang Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
have you tried the carmode app from the Nokia Store?

Thanks for the tip. But it says that this only works with a infotainmentsystem which is MirrorLinkTM-compatible.

And I don't know if my Alpine W910R is MirrorLinkTM-compatible.

I will check this first with Alpine, because I don't want to pay 20 euros and then find out that the app doesn't work.

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Atlanta
Same with my Audi A3; no contact sync.

My previous phones (Android and Blackberry way back in the day) both supported this.

When the N900 was originally released it also didn't support the contact sync profile but through some hacking the community managed to add support... (so it should be possible to add)

Funny thing is that my N9 is my first phone to support playing the ringtone over the speakers.

The Following User Says Thank You to fignew For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fignew View Post
When the N900 was originally released it also didn't support the contact sync profile but through some hacking the community managed to add support... (so it should be possible to add)
Any idea how we can make this happen for the N9?
Or just create a thread in the Maemo community?

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Atlanta
Here is the article about it on the wiki: http://wiki.maemo.org/Bluetooth_PBAP

FWIW, I have a Pioneer Car stereo (DEH p9400 BH) and Phonebook and Call list access works fine. It also worked fine with my previous JVC (KD R900 ) car deck.

Originally Posted by nokiac View Post
FWIW, I have a Pioneer Car stereo (DEH p9400 BH) and Phonebook and Call list access works fine. It also worked fine with my previous JVC (KD R900 ) car deck.
Strange that my Alpine, which works with the Nokia friendly Parrot module, doesn't show the call list of my N9.

I'm waiting for an answer from Alpine if my W910R is MirrorLinkTM-compatible.

I can also confirm that the N9 works flawlessly with my Pioneer car stereo. It copies over my phonebook, and shows the call list. It works great with the built in hands free as well.