Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Well just shut up, and take [all] my money.

I have a tohkbd1 I don't use (several reasons, but mostly as some keys don't register), but the quality and much better integration (better than recycling parts) of this tohkbd2 prototype got me.

I'm in. No matter what.

Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by latency View Post
That render looks awesome. I didn't think I needed a keyboard, but if it turns out somewhat like that with good functionality it's a must have!
I can buy 1, maybe 2 with öäå -keys!! Looks so awesome

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Royaume Uni.
Wow - that is gorgeous!

Good job, Dirkvl...it looks good.

As I can see on the render of the keys, there isn't an escape key. I also miss a DEL key and the ` (for making an accent grave, like ò à è ì. A home/end key could come in handy also.

I hope you will post more detailed pictures and a "final" version of the keys. So far, so good!

Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
The magnet idea is totally wicked!
I just wonder if the stength of 2 buttons is enough.

Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
The magnet idea is totally wicked!
I just wonder if the stength of 2 buttons is enough.
I will make sure it is.

Hello everyone !

I just registered on the forum to answer to that post, but be sure that I follow every topic on this forum since a long time.

I would like to warn you about the using of magnet on the keyboard.
I have a Jolla since 8 months, but I only drop my old HP Pre3 since 5-6 months. And there is a strange thing that I surely remember, this is when I charged my Pre3 on the wireless charger (touchstone), there was a strong magnetic field all around it (it was able to reset my electronic clock near it), and when the Jolla was around (about 50cm), it was bugging totally. The screen wasn't responding well, some apps got launch without action, and he can't be wake up with the power button. But everything went back to normal when I took away the charger.
I hope it will not make the same thing with a simple magnet...because the idea is supra-great

The Following User Says Thank You to Hecraps For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Hecraps View Post
Hello everyone !

I just registered on the forum to answer to that post, but be sure that I follow every topic on this forum since a long time.

I would like to warn you about the using of magnet on the keyboard.
I have a Jolla since 8 months, but I only drop my old HP Pre3 since 5-6 months. And there is a strange thing that I surely remember, this is when I charged my Pre3 on the wireless charger (touchstone), there was a strong magnetic field all around it (it was able to reset my electronic clock near it), and when the Jolla was around (about 50cm), it was bugging totally. The screen wasn't responding well, some apps got launch without action, and he can't be wake up with the power button. But everything went back to normal when I took away the charger.
I hope it will not make the same thing with a simple magnet...because the idea is supra-great
Good point. However;
  • wireless charging uses an alternating magnetic field, like a transformer does, and button magnets create a static magnetic field, even the strong ceramic ones.
  • I have tried a wireless charger (Samsung Qi pad + Nokia Fatboy) with Jolla and the device worked OK while charging, even though charging process itself was sporiadic with Fatboy (which uses some Nokia technology that is not fully compatible with standard Qi)
I grant that "touchstone" might be different from "Qi", but both are wireless charging standards. Hence I find it difficult to believe Jolla would be affected by magnetic fields...

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
I am interested in this new keyboard, will it be ship globally?

Tags
keyboard, kickstarter, other half, tohkbd