Originally Posted by XiliX View Post
I really don't get the point of these cloud servers... Everyone is using a firewall to make sure no evil corporations/persons can get to their files, and yet, everyone is throwing their personal stuff online!?

They sell us this loss of control through convenience and these artificially low barriers of entry- $25 (Apple, Google's service is free but you have to upload your files) to scan all our music. In return we get clean copies of every song we have; with a catch: Every file is tagged with that user's account information, and sits on their servers, attached to a changeable legal document the user will never read, under the scrutiny of the content holder.

The cloud is just a bunch of marketing bullcrap buzzwords these days. The whole concept of "the cloud" is just networked services, email? Streaming audio? Not any different, but it's got bright and shiny new packaging to be consumed by the masses.

just my $0.02

Last edited by dDoS; 2011-07-01 at 20:47. Reason: changed swears

The Following User Says Thank You to dDoS For This Useful Post:
Has anyone got this service playing?

I don't have an N900 at the moment but was curious before making a decision.

Thanks

Is there a way to use the N900 to play Music "Cloud Service" without the use of the browser ?

did anyone think about google service(google music/play) adding it at Musikloud ?