Active Topics

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Barcelona, Spain
Hi, I love to configure every friend wifi in my n900, and when I'm on his houses it auto-connect. But I've a problem, many of my friends have bssids like "WLAN", or "default", and in my country the most popular ISP uses the essid WLAN_XX, where XX are two hexadecimal characters, and if I configure (for example) my friend WLAN_0A, when I'm walking in my city sometimes my n900 try to connect to another WLAN_0A.

Try to change all my friends essid is not and option. I wonder if there is chance to save the bssid and essid in the wifi config.

I don't know if this is a hard change or not. Maybe we can open a bug?

PD: sorry for my English. I don't know if I explained well.

Last edited by Pretoriano; 2010-02-09 at 22:28. Reason: mistake in title

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Gent, Belgium
I have the same problem, but on a corporate/free access level. In the office I can connect to a free version of BT wifi, after pressing a button on screen. I do like to connect to it automatically but not to all other BT wifi hotspots because they need a subscription/voucher. Same with some free versions of commercial wifi providers, offered in pubs. I only want to connect to the free ones automatically, not the commercial, paying ones. but they all have the same ssid.
So adding something to make the ssid unique would help me a lot. in fact a lot can be enhanced in the auto connection management. But i guess nokia is not really interested to make this super good.

I only hope Shepherd can step in, and put intelligence where it's lacking, helped by me of course ....