Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 299 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Singapore
Hi!

I love listening to audiobooks and podcasts. The only problem is that talking speed is too slow most of the times (read: always). It is quite easy to get used to a speed increase of 20% or more. When I do that, I find it easier to concentrate as my thoughts do not drift away. So far, I've always had to speed up my audio files on the PC before transferring them over to my portable media player. Apart from being a troublesome process, it forces me to set the speed upfront, before I have listened to the speed, quality and accent of the audio file. It would be much, much better, if I could vary the playback speed in realtime.

Is there a media player with such capabilities for Maemo (esp. N900)?

Now, ideally, I'd like to do this with video files as well, but that's not an immediate requirement.

/Magnuslu

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to magnuslu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
I think that the basic idea is very good by why limit it to just audio? A control similar to the old 'Jog Wheel' found on VCR controllers by Sony in the 80's might be useful on Video to. If the playback could also have direction adjusted we end up with the ability to also shuttle back and forth searching for a specific point too.