Notices

Banned | Posts: 280 | Thanked: 295 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Romania
I was interested if someone thought of this: Why can't we have a spectrum analyzer, an oscilloscope or any other kind of visualization in our N900 music player.

Can we somehow replace the album art with this ideea, or make an extra button that can switch between album art, spectrum and oscilloscope?

I attached you a screenshot with my ideea, and yes it's pure photoshop (blurred album art and 50% opacity spectrum analyzer on it) and if someone have an ideea about how to do it, that would be great!

Let's see if someone is intereseted in this!

Name:  Screenshot-20130502-164920.jpg
Views: 1216
Size:  22.8 KB

Posts: 863 | Thanked: 213 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Goa
yo, what font is that?

Originally Posted by seanmcken View Post
yo, what font is that?
Sony Sketch

Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
nice idea. which theme and icon are you using ?

Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
nice idea. which theme and icon are you using ?
I'm using PurpleRush Theme with custom wallpapers, Sony Sketcg EF font with Default font size and awoken-icon theme.

Here is a demo of my customization.

Name:  Screenshot-20130502-190934.jpg
Views: 724
Size:  24.5 KB

Name:  Screenshot-20130502-190941.jpg
Views: 737
Size:  22.7 KB

Name:  Screenshot-20130502-191000.jpg
Views: 746
Size:  22.3 KB

Also I've attached you an export of my theme for ThemeCustomizer here: http://www.mediafire.com/?kmopcnewkw55w35

ON TOPIC: Do you think this can be made? The visualization project?

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
If someone rushes in it definately can be done . Though i dout it in the stock player
nice cosmetic idea anyway

Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
If someone rushes in it definately can be done . Though i dout it in the stock player
nice cosmetic idea anyway
Well that was the main point of the thread, in the stock media player. What's the point to have 100 media players? One for movies in idk what format, one for audio, one for cosmetics and so on...

I asked that, because I saw many apps in store that adds like subtitle support or new codecs... I don't think it's that much pain to add this feature. But we have to think it, how will it work, etc.

I personally use right now Ironcope for visualization, but it's not like the same feeling like it would be to have it INSIDE your media player.

Here is a more specific ideea, but this time without visualization overlay. Just rotation between visualizations when a button is pressed:

Name:  Screenshot-20130502-164920.jpg
Views: 743
Size:  23.9 KB

Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
thanks. its not impossible though. request this feature in OMP (Open Media Player) original thread (talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=72156) as its open source replacement for stock media player.

Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
thanks. its not impossible though. request this feature in OMP (Open Media Player) original thread (talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=72156) as its open source replacement for stock media player.
I am sorry, but I don't want to replace my media player. I am very happy with it as it is. I don't want to have 2-3 media players because none of them is complete.

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
^^hey its ment to ae stock media player replacement man
omp is on the job to provide what the stock cant
btw i would also like it to have it in stock one
and what about a optional feature that can disply all info of the playing in screen i mean album artist year bitrate time remaining cpu load minutes gerne so on whatever it can find

Tags
nokia n900, visualisation