Notices

oh cool, have been looking for just this kind of app!

which effects are you including?
is there an option to let the software randomly choose one for you when taking the picture?

Originally Posted by fieldofcows View Post
Remember that I started out by developing a camera app. The tool that allows you to apply effects to existing photos was only written so I could tweak and test the effects before putting them in the camera app so I developed it on a desktop machine so I wasn't really concerned with performance.

At the moment a 480x320 preview image takes about 5s to process on the N900. I am yet to try it with a full size image. I have no doubt that the N900 can do it but I will probaby need to optimise the code a bit to make it usable.
hi, i think im getting you

but please keep up with this app, its one of the apps thats keeping me with maemo hope i can hear good news from you soon.

thanks for all the hard work, i know its not the best feeling when you spend all that time and effect to produce something, then everyone just takes it for granted and not bothering to even say thanks, so here you are, many thanks

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Worthing, West Sussex, England
Originally Posted by itaychi View Post
which effects are you including?
is there an option to let the software randomly choose one for you when taking the picture?
I have a number of effects that include colour level shifting, vignette, blur, noise and some others. I have combined these into "Lens", "Film" and "Processing" effects which all have their own tweakable parameters. I think this gives a reasonable level of control to the user without being either too restrictive or too low-level.

I must admit I hadn't got as far as thinking about things like random selection when you take a photo but that is an excellent idea. I'll definitely include that.

In fact, if anyone else has any requests or ideas for either the camera application or the offline photo tool (which I currently call "Classic Print") then please let me know!

Originally Posted by das_schlumpfie View Post
...so here you are, many thanks
Thanks for your kind words! I'm really enjoying writing this app. I started writing it because I wanted to learn more about development using Qt, gstreamer and various other libraries. It's an added bonus that there is some excitement from the community about it!

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Worthing, West Sussex, England
I'm nearly there with this app now so I thought I'd publish a couple of screenshots to see what people think.

I've just got to implement saving of full-res images and some configuration stuff then it is functionally complete. I may include sharing to facebook/flikr if I get time.

The next hurdle to overcome is packaging and dependencies. I've not released a maemo package before so I've got some learning to do. I'm sure I'm going to run into some Qt/PR1.2 issues - I haven't yet updated my device to the latest firmware.
Attached Images

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to fieldofcows For This Useful Post:
looks good so far!
when does our beta testing start? :-)

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Turku, Finland
Looks just so awesome, been waiting for such an app for months (at times I were near to start developing one myself)

well done! that particular sample picture looks stunning!!!

cant wait to use (test? lol) it!

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Campinas, SP, Brazil
Amazing. Can't wait to have your app available. But as an advice I'd really ask you to upgrade to PR1.2 to package it, since this update makes the N900 so more usable and I think most of the people who attend this forum (and thus are going to be the beta testers) are probably already using it.

Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
This is one great looking app fieldofcows, it just keeps getting better and better with the N900. Must allso say that i've been looking forward for somebody to develop this kind of app. The GUI looks great, good job

I'm on for testing asap

One thing, is it possible to include the 'stamp' effect?

Originally Posted by Dousan View Post
One thing, is it possible to include the 'stamp' effect?
What is the 'stamp' effect?