Notices

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
You should definitely add a pdf export feature, multipage, and your app would be pure gold
Pypdf - a pure python module to manage pdf files - could be of help:http://pybrary.net/pyPdf/

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 423 | Thanked: 486 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, England
Benlau, I just want to add my thanks for these great apps, PenPen and Frontview....both have been promoted straight to my desktop :-)
I still find it pretty amazing that applications developed for fun by enthusiasts can end up being used by people all over the world, and i for one appreciate it and admire your work.
Without people like you my N900 would be a very desolate place.

Dan

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dancairo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 122 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Turku, Finland
Great work there, really useful even if it still could be a bit better at finding papers.

Is there some way to undo a penstroke? I seem to only be able to start drawing all from scratch. Would love being able to cancel (click outside and close) the do you want to save/discard changes dialog. Also, if you quickly click the detect and drwaing button a few times the program crashes.

But, a fantastic application for being alpha and it has very great potential

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Holland
what a great app!

why cant i find this in the repositories?

@jerry have you enabled the extras-devel repo and updated afterwards?

@OP great app, thanks for creating it. Under which license is it released? I couldn't find any info at http://maemo.org/packages/view/frontview900/

I prefer not to bundle more stuff in a single program, I'd rather export the file to a pdf separately if I want to.

Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Originally Posted by benlau View Post
ok, I will make it able to load another folder on next release. But it will not be as powerful as "Photos" (e.g load all photos in phone). It will take longer time to develop
Thanks for putting in the time to develop this, really nice! Doesn't seem like alpha software, more like a good beta or better.

But I always put photos on the SD card so the ability to use other folders than in the internal memory is important for me. I'll be checking for another release with this.
Registered Linux user #266531.

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Copenhagen
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
You should definitely add a pdf export feature, multipage, and your app would be pure gold
Pypdf - a pure python module to manage pdf files - could be of help:http://pybrary.net/pyPdf/
I second this! It would be great. Right now I use imagemagick to do conversion to pdf, but it would be sooo sweet to have all this build into your program.

Keep up the good work!

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
impressive!!! thank you very much

I am seriously impressed by this app, great work.

Thanks!